Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

pull start shaft question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 PM
steve98541

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pull start shaft question

my pull start fell apart,the question is if i leave the pull start off and start the engine with a drill will the pull start shaft go flying off while im' driving.if so what is the fix.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:24 PM
estarr95

Default RE: pull start shaft question

i bought a pull start from my local hobby shop that is made by hpi it fit perfect can't rember the part # sorry don't no if the shaft will come off or not i would'nt think so
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: pull start shaft question

The part number for the HPI pullstartis HPI1618 It only fits on the old style back plates if you have the smaller back plate it won't fit. Depending on the model engine you have you can start it with a bump box and not have the shaft fall off. If it's a VX engine your good to go, if it's a SH engine it's a no go the shaft will fall out. You could also get the sh18 roto start back plate and use it on the VX engine or on the SH engine. If you have the new small back plate then you will have 1 inch between screw holes if you have the old style it will be 1 1/4 inch between screw holes.