Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

I need a few parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
leemunger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a few parts

Hey Im trying to get my truck ready to run again and was wondering if anyone had some used parts or parting out there truck. I have a Volcano the parts I need to are an e clip on the upper control arm, transmitter and receiver and rims and tires. I don't want to buy new, well because I'm cheap. Any help would be appreciated
Old 02-21-2009, 07:11 PM
perhamrocks

Default RE: I need a few parts

you can get e-clips at your lhs the size is 2.5mm i believe, and check out ebay for the rest if you want used
Old 02-21-2009, 07:16 PM
lovetoplayrough

I have some new 2.2 rock crawler skull and bones tires and wells for sell they have never been opened my girl got them for my landslide but they wear to small
Old 02-21-2009, 07:23 PM
lovetoplayrough

If anyone is interested in them or want some picks just Email me my adress is [email protected]
Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 PM
leemunger

If they would fit my volcano id like some pics [email protected] and what would you want for them
Old 02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
bluecaka69

leemunger i have a used volcano chassis i would let go fo 20 plus shipping if intererested let me know (no engine no tranny no electronics) im pretty sure everything else is there
Old 02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
leemunger

Do you have any pics of it? I found my missing E clip so All i really need is wheels and tires and transmitter and receiver. My receiver is fine but my transmitter is shot. Will any AM transmitter work or do I need to buy them together. Ive found some on ebay that just sell the AM transmitter. I found a good price on stock wheels and tires for $10. for 2 Its a dealer that sells the same truck under a different name.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
perhamrocks

ORIGINAL: leemunger

Do you have any pics of it? I found my missing E clip so All i really need is wheels and tires and transmitter and receiver. My receiver is fine but my transmitter is shot. Will any AM transmitter work or do I need to buy them together. Ive found some on ebay that just sell the AM transmitter. I found a good price on stock wheels and tires for $10. for 2 Its a dealer that sells the same truck under a different name.
you should be able to use any am transmitter, as long as you use the same crystal as in your old one
Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 PM
joeyhatch11

Knowing that Exceed parts will fit RedCats, buying your parts from Exceedrc.com will save you bucks. I noticed that RedCats parts are damn near double the cost of everyone elses. Doesn't make much sense considering they are all made the same. Guess their looking for that extra bucks. Compair you parts number with Exceed's you'll see they are the same. Plus you also see the money you'll save doing it too.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:46 AM
leemunger

I was looking at nitrocx.com and they are selling a 1/10 electric drift car for $100 thats a steal. The reason I don't want to put a lot of cash into this one is because I want to sell or trade it for an electric. Either a truck or a truggie but Id consider a buggie. How fast are they compared to a volcano sv with vx 18 motor and how long will they run on a charge? Also whats the recharge time?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:05 PM
el_tonto

ORIGINAL: jyoung132

I have some new 2.2 rock crawler skull and bones tires and wells for sell they have never been opened my girl got them for my landslide but they wear to small
They won't fit the Volcano either, unless he buys some 2.2" rims.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:56 PM
lovetoplayrough

I have the 2.2 rims and tires all brand new never been opened
Old 02-24-2009, 01:58 AM
leemunger

What size are the stock rims and tires? Are there other brands that are the same size and will fit the 12mm hub? The 2.2 look smaller then stock. Is 2.2 the measurement of the rim or tire?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 PM
chevyderek72

The stock ones are 2.8. Basically its the measurement of both the rim and the tire. So its 2.2 or 2.8 inches in diameter. Measure the outside of the rims diameter, and the inside of the tires diameter and that the size.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 PM
leemunger

What other brand wheels will fit on? I found these [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Stampede-TRA3668-TRA3669-2-8-Talon-tires-rims_W0QQitemZ150323810913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio _Control_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116]traxxas stampede[/link] I think the sizes are the same. And do they have a 12mm hub? Any suggestions? I also got a traxxas tq-2 transmitter any input on them do they have good range and everything? OH i need a new failsafe the one i bought off ebay is worthless and doesn't work any links or brands?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:53 AM
chevyderek72

Those should fit. But you should go to your local hobby shop and see if you can find some. That or check out towerhobbies.com . They have tons of stuff. Any 2.2 or 2.8 rims and tires with 12mm hex should fit. Most, some wont but most will
Old 02-25-2009, 05:26 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

Knowing that Exceed parts will fit RedCats, buying your parts from Exceedrc.com will save you bucks. I noticed that RedCats parts are damn near double the cost of everyone elses. Doesn't make much sense considering they are all made the same. Guess their looking for that extra bucks. Compair you parts number with Exceed's you'll see they are the same. Plus you also see the money you'll save doing it too.
At msrp , yes.
Discount RedCat Parts at rctoysnh.com
Old 02-25-2009, 05:28 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: leemunger

What other brand wheels will fit on? I found these [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Stampede-TRA3668-TRA3669-2-8-Talon-tires-rims_W0QQitemZ150323810913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio _Control_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116]traxxas stampede[/link] I think the sizes are the same. And do they have a 12mm hub? Any suggestions? I also got a traxxas tq-2 transmitter any input on them do they have good range and everything? OH i need a new failsafe the one i bought off ebay is worthless and doesn't work any links or brands?
Failsafe

http://www.rctoysnh.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1728