Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Which transmitter should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:18 PM
boostnm3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which transmitter should i get?

I think i just need to get a new FM transmitter because the AM that came with my truck just seems to have to many issues where sometimes it wont get my signal if i pull the throttle. Sometimes it picks the signal up sometimes it takes a couple of seconds. I had fully charged batteries also. I was also driving it the same place i drove before. I was looking at traxxas transmitters on ebay. You can pick them up pretty cheap. Are they FM and also will anyone work as long as i use my crystals? Will they be a big improvement or am i wasting my money?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
pede_187

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which transmitter should i get?

ORIGINAL: boostnm3

I think i just need to get a new FM transmitter because the AM that came with my truck just seems to have to many issues where sometimes it wont get my signal if i pull the throttle. Sometimes it picks the signal up sometimes it takes a couple of seconds. I had fully charged batteries also. I was also driving it the same place i drove before. I was looking at traxxas transmitters on ebay. You can pick them up pretty cheap. Are they FM and also will anyone work as long as i use my crystals? Will they be a big improvement or am i wasting my money?
The traxxas TQ transmitters are AM. Keep in mind if you get an FM transmitter, you will need an FM receiver as well. As for the Traxxas transmitters, they are pretty decent and should do ok for what you are looking for. Now, if you really want something that is 100% interference free, you will want a 2.4GHz system. Some good 2.4 radio system would be a Futaba FASST, Spectrum DX 2.0, DX 3.0, etc, etc. These will run you about $200