Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

comparison between avalanche and tmaxx

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

comparison between avalanche and tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
cdlegate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default comparison between avalanche and tmaxx

can anyone give me the difference in toughness and contruction of the tmaxx by traxxas and the redcat avalanche...im looking to get another nitro. currently have the tsnami and can decide between which of those to get... i seem to break the plastic front and rear hubs on the tsnami and went to aluminum.. and wondering if the other 2 im looking at is better quality construciton since after i buy the nitro i wont have much money for extra parts for awhile
Old 03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: comparison between avalanche and tmaxx

If i were you i would get the avalanche. The 1/8th scale redcats are a lot sturdier than the 1/10th. But you will break things on both the avalanche and the t maxx if you drive it rough. If you hit a part perfectly, it will break. But the avalanche comes with a .28 engine, and the t maxx will come with either a .15 or a .21. and bigger is better! lol. The cheapest t maxx 3.3 i found was 370, and the cheapest avalanche i found was 290. So if you saved that 80 dollars you could buy a couple spare parts just in case.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:48 PM
cirec

Which T Maxx do you want? I think I rather get a Avalanche because it's cheaper and it's bigger. With the T Maxx you can do wheelies easier and you probably have parts for it at your lhs.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:06 PM
bigpurv74

i love my avalanche but the pats for the tmaxx can be bought anywhere... the avalnche is a beast though
Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 PM
perhamrocks

the t-maxx has a center transmission, and the avalanche has a center differential, so your not going to get straight up wheelies out of the avalanche unless you lock up the center diff, which is definately not a recomendation
Old 03-07-2009, 02:28 AM
chevyderek72

The thing is that wheelies are over-rated. Ya they are cool and all, but they just get old. Like take a t maxx that wheelies, and then an avalanche. Who will win a drag race? Who will win a race on a track? Well the t maxx will just wheelie and the avalanche will dust it.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:54 AM
cdlegate

basicly i liked the tmaxx for the reverse part....im not going to race it just drive it off road to mess around at the park or somthing...2 things i like on the tmaxx is the electric starter that comes with it and reverse.. the avalanche.. biggger engine bigger scale.. plus the tmaxx has more ground clearance....that is what currently i am having issues deciding on right now...lol
Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
shadow21
My Feedback: (4)

easy start is far too overrated it sucks and it eats one way bearings up quick (i have a jato 3.3 and revo 3.3) neither bearing has lasted long at all. I converted the revo to pull start no problems. I dont own a t-maxx but i will tell u that the 3.3 is WAY harder to tune than the sh .28 that comes on the avalanche and the 28 has a ton of power. The avalanche is pretty fun. Did you get my email?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:24 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: tihstae

The thing is that wheelies are over-rated. Ya they are cool and all, but they just get old. Like take a t maxx that wheelies, and then an avalanche. Who will win a drag race? Who will win a race on a track? Well the t maxx will just wheelie and the avalanche will dust it.

+1

I have a friend that bought a new tmaxx 3.3.....when he first got it he was all giddy cause he could do wheelies on command....my best rc then was a himoto torpeda...I know its unfair a 1/8th buggy against a monster truck but I could smoke him in anything but popping wheelies....he sold the truck for half what he payed for it within 2 weeks cause he got bored with it....

and as far as a bigger engine being better...I will have to disagree....its not always the case...a good .21 will run just as strong if not stronger then a .28 and up...even get better fuel mileage (why do you think 1/8 buggy racing uses .21's)?....lol
Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 AM
nitronoob08

i would go tmaxx im not taking anything away from the Avalanche but if you go all rpm on the tmaxx you dont break often and whn you do there parts are lifetime warrenty now if you could get rpm for the Avalanche it eould own the tmaxx
Old 03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
cdlegate

ORIGINAL: nitronoob08

i would go tmaxx im not taking anything away from the Avalanche but if you go all rpm on the tmaxx you dont break often and whn you do there parts are lifetime warrenty now if you could get rpm for the Avalanche it eould own the tmaxx

rpm?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
chevyderek72

Its a company that makes parts for traxxas cars, and prob others but i only know of traxxas. Anyways they make parts and have a lifetime warranty, so if it breks, you can send it in and get a new one for free. im pretty sure thats how it works haha. But i guess they are pretty strong, but still i would say it isnt worth it, plus he doesnt have money to buy spares for a while. So first he will pay more for the t maxx, then more on rpm parts.