Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano sv remote going wacko

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 PM
vipvenom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano sv remote going wacko

My truck has not been run for a week waiting on a new rear differential gear. I just replaced it and everything was working fine. I fired it up started to run it and it was responding irradically. I shut it down and placed it on a jack. The remote seems to be sending mixed signals. I throttle up and down and then turn and the wheels start bouncing back and forth and the throttle locks to full brake. I shut the remote off everything goes back to resting. I turn it back on and same thing. It worked great last weekend. The batteries should still be good. I have run maybe 5hrs on them and the light says they are good as well. The truck is only 1 month old.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?
TIA,
Chris
Old 03-14-2009, 12:11 PM
vipvenom

Default RE: Volcano sv remote going wacko

OK I just changed the batteries in my truck and the took care of the problem. I guess they don't last that long. What kind of batteries do you use? I currently just run AA but may switch to rechargeable but is there anything better?
Old 03-14-2009, 12:38 PM
leemunger

Ive been running Energizer rechargeable 2450 mah. I also bought the 15 min recharger. Its a lot cheaper than replacing.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:11 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use rechargable AA's in the transmitter and I use a 5-cell hump pack for the reciever....if you use AA batteries in the reciever make sure to wrap tape or a rubber band around them so they cant gar loose....if they come loose you have a very good chance for a runaway and a false safe will not help due to it needs battery power...

personally I like 5-cell hump packs due to they fit nice and give you a bit more room in the reciever box...the only draw back I see is if one cell goes bad the pack is pretty much trash...but there are more pros then cons to a hump pack