Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Volcano sv remote going wacko

My truck has not been run for a week waiting on a new rear differential gear. I just replaced it and everything was working fine. I fired it up started to run it and it was responding irradically. I shut it down and placed it on a jack. The remote seems to be sending mixed signals. I throttle up and down and then turn and the wheels start bouncing back and forth and the throttle locks to full brake. I shut the remote off everything goes back to resting. I turn it back on and same thing. It worked great last weekend. The batteries should still be good. I have run maybe 5hrs on them and the light says they are good as well. The truck is only 1 month old.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?
    TIA,
    Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Volcano sv remote going wacko

OK I just changed the batteries in my truck and the took care of the problem. I guess they don't last that long. What kind of batteries do you use? I currently just run AA but may switch to rechargeable but is there anything better?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ive been running Energizer rechargeable 2450 mah. I also bought the 15 min recharger. Its a lot cheaper than replacing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use rechargable AA's in the transmitter and I use a 5-cell hump pack for the reciever....if you use AA batteries in the reciever make sure to wrap tape or a rubber band around them so they cant gar loose....if they come loose you have a very good chance for a runaway and a false safe will not help due to it needs battery power...

personally I like 5-cell hump packs due to they fit nice and give you a bit more room in the reciever box...the only draw back I see is if one cell goes bad the pack is pretty much trash...but there are more pros then cons to a hump pack
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa