Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Just finished break in

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:54 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished break in

On the new Hurricane. Did the os version, kinda haha. It was weird tuning a big block, so after i got the hang of it i was fine. But all seems to be good, runs like a champ. There is so much power in that thing, and the top end is amazing too. Cant wait to take it to the track, and bash the hell outa it. What are you guys usin for oils? Shocks and diffs?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:01 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just finished break in

front to rear 2000, 7000, 5000....45wt shock oil....the hurricane is a good buggy, very solid once you get the very few kinks out....when ya get use to the power throw a xtm 457 piston/sleeve in it and bring it to life....I wont run a stock sh.28 anymore.... so very glad Dennis brought that mod to my attention..
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
chevyderek72

Ya that thing has gobs of power compared to the 1/10ths. I got the big blocks from suprasales on it, and its traction on-road isnt the greatest. Gotta baby it till im at speed then stomp it. I havent ran it off road yet, but its gonna be sick. Im takin it to the beach when i go to cali in april. Ill change all the fluids and see how it is after that, but i deff plan on getting it eventualy. You race it firebird?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:24 PM
firebird78

no I dont....I have 2 of them though...was going to try to race one but plans changed when I got a new buggy
Old 03-15-2009, 10:29 PM
chevyderek72

Oh, just wondering how track worthy they are. So have you tried the pro series or whatever tires from suprasales? the softer ones?
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 PM
firebird78

I wont say you couldnt race one...I know the guy I bought my second one from (it was a used roller) only ran it on a track...but after running my new buggy I can tell the difference in handling...personally I think they are a very good basher buggy and could be ran on a track..but I think the new hurricane xrb is more track worthy...but yeah I know people who have ran them on tracks....not sure if they actually raced them but the guy I bought my roller from said he ran on a track for a yr and didnt break a thing..surely he raced a lil...lol...but I dont know for sure if it was official
Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM
firebird78

and no...I havent ordered any of the pro series tires from suprasales
Old 03-15-2009, 11:28 PM
chevyderek72

Oh ya i dont think ill ever actually race, at least for a while, cause the only local track i know of (srs) has racing for gas, but only for .21's in buggies. And i dont wanna have to buy a .21. If i every really wanted to get into i could always get one, but ill see how good i get haha. Its nice to get onto a track though, different from just bashing.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
chevyderek72

Turns out that i can run the .28 if it came on it stock. So ima practice, and if i get decent ill try to race. Is there different setups for oils from race to bash?