Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

volcano single gear upgrade transmission

upgrading to single gear,can i still upgrade to 2 speed?

thanks...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: volcano single gear upgrade transmission

Wait your upgrading to a direct drive? and you wanna upgrade to the 2 speed? I would advise against the 2 speed, not the best for off roading. If your only going to be driving on pavement (i hope not, that thing needs to get dirty haha) then you could.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: D Johnston

Wait your upgrading to a direct drive? and you wanna upgrade to the 2 speed? I would advise against the 2 speed, not the best for off roading. If your only going to be driving on pavement (i hope not, that thing needs to get dirty haha) then you could.
    yah is it possible to have a direct drive and a 2 speed? i am upgrading my volcano to a super volcano !! LOL.... and i want to put a big block engine!! LOL....if your upgrading to a big block engine,do you have to buy the whole engine or just the block?

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol the whole engine, everything is bigger on it. Ok here's the deal with 2 speeds, say your runnin off road right, when you hit second gear, your torque drops, and if you start goin uphill you need all the torque you can get, and if you dont have the torque you have to stop and get into first gear. But then say your goin up a huge hill, and your in first, and then you hit high enough rpms. and then shift into second, oh wait you might not have the torque to keep goin. But if you put a big block in, you will probably be able to pull in second, i would think. But a single speed would still be better.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

ya, but if he's putting a big block engine in it, than that?o longer applies he'll have all the poswer he needs. it only applies the small block engines, that transmission and clutch bell for the two speed in the tsunami is geared wrong. that's why it looses speed when it shifts into second gear.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya but i woudl still rather have a single speed, no shifting, and if you gear it for top speed it will still have the torque to pull at low rpms
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The two-speed from the Tornado and the Tsunami really only belongs on the on-road car. The one-way bearing is too weak for off-road driving, especially with larger wheels. I don't know about the Volcano T2 transmission, I understand it's an all-new 2-speed design but I don't know if it's available as parts.

There are a few people who have done big-block conversions to the Volcano.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

stick with the direct drive, cause the only way the 2 speed will be better is if u get a big block, and if u want to spend that kind of money on an engine and all the mods u'll have to do to keep the drivetrain in-tacked u might as well just go buy urself a 1/8 with a big block, which will be more durable then the 1/10 truck. It's not that the 1/10 isn't durable, it's just that once u throw that big block their is SO MUCH power running through that little thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol the whole engine, everything is bigger on it. Ok here's the deal with 2 speeds, say your runnin off road right, when you hit second gear, your torque drops, and if you start goin uphill you need all the torque you can get, and if you dont have the torque you have to stop and get into first gear. But then say your goin up a huge hill, and your in first, and then you hit high enough rpms. and then shift into second, oh wait you might not have the torque to keep goin. But if you put a big block in, you will probably be able to pull in second, i would think. But a single speed would still be better.

yah your right LOL!!,i guess iam not gonna spend on 2 speed :-) how about the upgrade on direct drive,allaboutfunhobbies is selling it,what will gained from it? i change my mind on upgrading to big block engine it needs a lot of modifications hehehe...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: perhamrocks

stick with the direct drive, cause the only way the 2 speed will be better is if u get a big block, and if u want to spend that kind of money on an engine and all the mods u'll have to do to keep the drivetrain in-tacked u might as well just go buy urself a 1/8 with a big block, which will be more durable then the 1/10 truck. It's not that the 1/10 isn't durable, it's just that once u throw that big block their is SO MUCH power running through that little thing.

thanks.. :-)

ORIGINAL: richardtf

yah your right LOL!!,i guess iam not gonna spend on 2 speed :-) how about the upgrade on direct drive,allaboutfunhobbies is selling it,what will gained from it? i change my mind on upgrading to big block engine it needs a lot of modifications hehehe...
    It pretty much does the obvious and gets rid of the over engineered volcano trans]. It give a bit more bottom end torque I think. It's realy an over all good upgrade less gears to wear out easier setup on the mesh. Easier to do clutch bell gear changes to change your gearing. Ya realy can't go wrong with it.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: richardtf

It pretty much does the obvious and gets rid of the over engineered volcano trans]. It give a bit more bottom end torque I think. It's realy an over all good upgrade less gears to wear out easier setup on the mesh. Easier to do clutch bell gear changes to change your gearing. Ya realy can't go wrong with it.

okay thanks.. i'll order next week :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya i really liked it, gave it better top and bottom end, awesome upgrade.
    Its me ti**tae