Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Landslide

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:10 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landslide

Ok here I go not happy I know things happen but this is nuts!!!! I bought my landslide in late January late Febuary I live near Buffalo so you know cant breakin till nice weather. So first breakin suspension holder breaks and pin snaps fixed it. Then the next time out the steering saver snaps so Im waiting on the aluminum one still useing a new plastic one also when the lower suspension holder took a dump it cracked the lower suspension arm! this is all during breakin ok . Now the 2 speed tranny takes a dump the pin come out of 2nd gear and wiped out main spur gear the shaft wiggles on the 2 speed set and the small gears are wore like it has 100,000 miles on it .Was tis just one sour truck or is this normal Ididnt beat it breaking it in when the tranny went it was the final break in . Did anyone else have these problems with the landslide? Discusted!!![]
Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

Default RE: Landslide

Actually I havent beat it at all!!!!![]
Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
perhamrocks

None of that should have broken in a break-in session. I havent' had any of them problems exept that i broke a rear lower suspension arm hinge pin and a front upper arm from jumping. Redcat fixed the front uppers by making them thicker, including thicker hinge pins. That is not a normal truck.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

So what should I do I emailed redcat and sent pics no reply yet from them I havent ordered a tranny yet but I have spent $150.00 fixing every thing else of course I went aluminum with the parts that broke![&o]
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

I herd redcat is pretty good with replacement parts problems. I hope they are Im pretty disapointed of course I think anyone would be!!!![:'(]
Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM
perhamrocks

just my opinion, but if i were u i would return the alluminum parts, unless if u got gobs of money to throw around, cause the alluminum parts will still bend, and once there bent there pretty much toast. u can bend them back, but there just going to be weaker. I've heard that aluminum parts all put a lot more stress on other parts of the truck that are still plastic. In my opinion plastic is better because they will flex, absorb some shock, and also they are way cheaper

edit: Where did u get this truck from, it almost sounds like someone beat it up before u got it?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

New in box from redcat right from the company! I would of understood if it was used ! I just hope they do something about this I dont want to bad mouth redcat but its just hard to swallow all thats gone wrong on the break in peroid.[>:]
Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

I do see where you are coming from what parts do you recomend replacing with aluminum?
Old 03-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Redcat Nick

Can you email me directly at nick@redcatracing? I am more than happy to help you out getting your truck back up and running.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

I have emailed Cameron at RedCat Racing with pics and parts list no response yet!He asked for pics and parts list.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 AM
spongeyguy

I never had any problems with mine so far other than the gear that kept stripping but I fixed that problem. Everything else has been from driver error. I just recently broke the adjuster that connects the front upper suspension arm to the wheel hub. I am probably just going to fix it with parts from the hardware store. Other than the gear which I should have checked before I ran it anyway, nothing has broken on its own. i ahve found this to be a very reliable truck.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

Nick I just emailed you!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

Is it possible that some washers where left out when the tranny was built at the factory?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

Thank You Nick and everyone from RedCat Racing you all have been great!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
chevyderek72

Maybe, but there shouldnt. Nick i a great guy and he will take care of you, if what your saying is legit nothing should have broke. Just from driving at less than 1/2 throttle absolutely nothing should have broke. What happened to your spur gear?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

Thank You Nick and everyone from RedCat Racing you all have been great!!!!!!! Im very sure this beast will be great once all is good. Thanks agin everyone!!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

I sent Nick some pics the pin on the second gear came off I beleive it bound up the tranny and made a horrible noise took two teeth off the spur gear and wore the small gears plus the 2 speed set wobble really bad! Found all this when I took the tranny apart.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

landslide
Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 PM
pab888

I have a relatively new Landslide as well and I have had some gearing issues as well. I tore up the first two plasic gears that come with the truck because I failed to set the gear mesh properly after getting a couple more in I set the gear mesh using the conventional meathod with a piece of paper to run through the gears. I took it offroading and although was not going slow, i was dissapointed to find that by the end of a tank and a half I have ruined my transmission. I have not taken it apart to inpect the damage yet but the external rin to which the plastic gear and slip attach is spinning and the truck does not move. All evidence points to a completely busted transmission. Does redcat replace these for you if they feel like they were defective? Also, even if not, is there an aftermarket trans that can be purchased that may be a litte more durable?

Thoughts..?

Thanks

P.B.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Redcat Nick

Are the gears in the tranny ok? Can you locate where it is slipping for me.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:39 PM
73bronco

Just purchased a new redcat landslide!!!!! I also went through the plastic spur gear!!!!!! and finally got the mesh set properly and now the truck will not move!!!!!! Spur gear spins and so does the clutch bell!!!! But nothing!!! I never did hear or get the tranny to shift!!!!!!! Really disappointed
with Redcat Products!!! I have an Avalanche and have finally got it to where it will run!!!!!

Thinking Traxxas Next Time
Old 06-21-2010, 07:08 AM
RCToysNh

The spur gear has a slip disk that can be adjusted. Just increase the spring preasure.

Also check drive cup set screws.