Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

parts shipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Smbl7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts shipping

Man shipping sucks, broke a lower rear control arm the other day so I ordered some aluminum ones for my volcano wont be here until MONDAY! Total bummer but I wasnt about to pay more for the shipping and my lhs sucks, probably dont even have the right size, Does anyone know if there are any that will fit other than the redcat parts so i can go buy another cheap one?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

Default RE: parts shipping

There is a online parts store for redcat parts that is only couple days usually its called rufaster.com I deal with them all the time the guys name is Mike he is great!! I usually have my parts within 2 days .
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

I see your in virginia you should get parts fast from him to !!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Doctp1885

Yeah, I've been ordering my stuff from rufaster as well. I'll get a response usually within an hour or 2 saying it's been shipped. always got my parts on time 2-3 days. I know what you mean about wanting to go to LHS store. Luckily the LHS store I go to now carries redcat but only in limite supply. about 25% they might have the parts I needed. Heck, I can wait 2-3 days anyways. This gives me time to actually step away and stop constantly figiting with the truck and finding what else I can do to make it faster, stronger and badder. haha.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

Ya Mike is a great guy always willing to help and a little less expensive to resonable he drops it in the mail instead of ups which takes longer.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Yep. rufaster is by far the best place to order redcat parts.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

So who has what I got the landslide lt which I love fast handles very well some flukes but getting better workin the bugs out.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Doctp1885

yeah, but USPS tracking doesnt show you the status until it's right at your mailbox. 3 times that happend. I kept checkin and checkin on the tracking order. Wake up on a Sat and look at the tracking order and it shows it was delivered yesterday. haha. So now I know how long it takes to get to my house, I just open the mailbox on the day I expect it and there it is! my parts. just for chuckles, I'll look at the trackit and it'll say at local office even though I have it in my hand.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

Ya I know what you mean ups sucks unless you want to pay more f^&# that drop it in the mail it will get here faster.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Doctp1885

Agreed. I can do 2-3 days waiting game and dont even rely on the tracking order. As long as rufaster sends me an email it's been shipped, then i'm good to go. now if 4-5 days go by, i'll ping rufaster and always get a reply back.

Land, I bought a volcano SV. not even a month and i've upgraded the header, pipe, ordering landslide shocks and direct drive on Friday. Replaced servo, receiver, and transmitter (My stock flaked and died on me) with Hitec parts. All this from reading this forum and meeting some really cool people with great advice. I've been to so many forums with different hobbies (Photography, mountain biking, etc...) and this has been so far the nicest forum i've been to. Very helpful. i'm still fine tuning, but that due to my fault getting the upgrades and having to re-tune all over again.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

Ya the same here except when parts are on back order but that happens now im waiting on the bumper suport holder not to be on back order mabe i should order two of every thing on back order lol I wish!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Doctp1885

haha, that's what im doing. Think it was a smart move on their end not getting support from LHS. This way we're forced to order 2 of everything. I'm slowly collecting all parts for the volcano, well the parts 've borken so far.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

ya they nodoudt do that on purpose make so much then stop then make so much then its like all of a suden unlimited suply of parts well ship happens just sucks waiting for parts!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Doctp1885

Yeah, the landslide is a pimp truck. That thing will be a beast with upgrades.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

ya this is a great truck cant wait for more upgrades to make it faster and beefier
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Smbl7

oh man I found a new LHS when looking at puppys with the gf I was so excited went in looked around took my broken lower arm in and....yeah no freakin luck....they dont carry redcat parts.....bums Redcat is smart for doin it the way they are