Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

WHICH ONE TO GET?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:29 AM
jonnymobil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHICH ONE TO GET?

I WANT A REDCAT BUT DONT KNOW WHITCH ONE?

I WANT THE MOST RELIABLE ONE!

I WANT ONE WITH THE SH .18,NOT THE VX.18!

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE LANDSLIDE .18 BUT IT HAS A 2 SPEED AND I HEAR THOSE ARE UNRELIABLE?IS THERE A WAY TO JUST INSTALL THE DIRECT DRIVE?

WHAT ABOUT THE VOLCANO WITH THE SH.18?CAN I INSTALL THE SINGLE SPEED ON THAT ONE?

WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTE FOR ME TO TAKE?I WANT A RELIABLE TRUCK WITH THE SH.18?

IS THE 2 SPEED ALL THAT BAD?I HAVE YEARS OF EXPEARIANCE,AND MY MOTORS WILL BE MAKING PLEANTY OF POWER TO PUSH THE SECOND GEAR!

ALSO WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE ALUMINUM VERSIONS THEY USED TO HAVE?ANYONE STILL HAVE ONE OF THE ALUMINUM ONES IN STOCK?

LASTLY,IF I GET THE LANDLSIDE OR THE VOLCANO T2,WHITCH EXTRA PARTS SHOULD I ORDER?I SEE THEY HAVE THE ALUMINUM PACKAGE FOR IT BUT IN MY OPINION IT IS INCOMPLETE,IT NEEDS TO COME WITH THE SHOCK TOWERS AND THE HUB CARRIERS FRONT AND BACK,NOT JUST THE ARMS.

ALSO THE TRUCKS ARE A KILLER DEAL BUT THE ALUMINUM STUFF IS WAY OVER PRICED!JUST MY 2 CENTS.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:53 AM
chevyderek72

Default RE: WHICH ONE TO GET?

Really alluminum is over-rated. The aluminum will transfer the blow to whatever is easiest to break. And if you bend it, your screwed, you have to buy new ones which are expensive. Stick with plastic and you will be good. Plus plastics are cheap enough to stock up in case you break. If i were you i would get the 1/8th buggy (hurricane). They are 250 right now which is an awesome price. And they are a lot more durable than the 1/10th vehicles. I would only say to get the 1/10th is your really strapped for cash, but the hurricane would be better. Plus it has the sh28 which puts out gobs of power.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 AM
chevyderek72

By the way, i got the cane with the sh28, and its really easy to tune, and holds it. I just fire it up, make a small few adjustments if any and im good.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Doctp1885

If you want a landslide, go with landslide21. it's got an SH21 in it. I was in the same delima as you were. I had 0 experience with nitro so I took the easy route, singlespeed volcano. parts are very cheap on any of the trucks if you go plastic. upgrade the important ones like engine, shocks, direct drive etc.

on the other hand with aluminum, I'm talkin to my CAD guys and ask if they could do a simple design with stress test with aluminum and where the weak points would be. It'll be interesting to see. My theory is if you have aluminum front lower and upper arm, the weakest point then will be the hinges. hinges cost about $2.50 vs $4 for an arm. like chevy mentioned, if you bent the arm, you're basically screwed and I also dont know the weight of the aluminum. plastic is flexible
Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Well I have the Tsunami Ultrawide, which as you may or may not know came with the extra long aluminum a-arms, plus I've upgraded to the aluminum c-hubs and hex nuts. I've had it for 5 or 6 months, I've beaten the everliving crap out of it, flipped it literally countless times, ran it into just about everything you can possible imagine, and I've yet to bend a single aluminum part. Now they've gotten scratched up, and even had chunks of aluminum knocked out of some of the a-arms, but nothing is bent, and still holding up as strong as the day I got it.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 AM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: jonnymobil

I WANT A REDCAT BUT DONT KNOW WHITCH ONE?

I WANT THE MOST RELIABLE ONE!

I WANT ONE WITH THE SH .18,NOT THE VX.18!

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE LANDSLIDE .18 BUT IT HAS A 2 SPEED AND I HEAR THOSE ARE UNRELIABLE?IS THERE A WAY TO JUST INSTALL THE DIRECT DRIVE?

WHAT ABOUT THE VOLCANO WITH THE SH.18?CAN I INSTALL THE SINGLE SPEED ON THAT ONE?

WHAT IS THE BEST ROUTE FOR ME TO TAKE?I WANT A RELIABLE TRUCK WITH THE SH.18?

IS THE 2 SPEED ALL THAT BAD?I HAVE YEARS OF EXPEARIANCE,AND MY MOTORS WILL BE MAKING PLEANTY OF POWER TO PUSH THE SECOND GEAR!

ALSO WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE ALUMINUM VERSIONS THEY USED TO HAVE?ANYONE STILL HAVE ONE OF THE ALUMINUM ONES IN STOCK?

LASTLY,IF I GET THE LANDLSIDE OR THE VOLCANO T2,WHITCH EXTRA PARTS SHOULD I ORDER?I SEE THEY HAVE THE ALUMINUM PACKAGE FOR IT BUT IN MY OPINION IT IS INCOMPLETE,IT NEEDS TO COME WITH THE SHOCK TOWERS AND THE HUB CARRIERS FRONT AND BACK,NOT JUST THE ARMS.

ALSO THE TRUCKS ARE A KILLER DEAL BUT THE ALUMINUM STUFF IS WAY OVER PRICED!JUST MY 2 CENTS.

****DEALER NOTICE**** DOES ANYONE STILL HAVE AN ALUMINUM VOLCANO OR THE 1/8 BUGGY IN STOCK,THE PURPLE OR BLUE ONES?ID LIKE TO GET ONE FROM YOU? OR DOES ANYONE HAVE THE ALUMINUM PARTS FOR THOSE 2 VEHICLES IN STOCK,ID LIKE TO BUY EM!
The Volcano kit comes with alum. arms etc. , but like Chevy said, it bends and transfers shock to the wrong places and is overrated.

1 or 2 speed is a matter of preference and what you are going to be driving in. Rough terran is more likely to be in the lower range and you may never hit second gear except on wide open smooth areas.
Both the Landslide and Volcano are great vehicles. Both now come with Semi truck bodies. Check em out on our site if you like.
The sh21 Landslides are out of stock until 05/27.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:51 PM
jonnymobil

well i got cash and i have lots of expearience but i am looking for a small block.got tons of big blocks already and i want the longer runtimes and easier tuning for my girl to run.i work for a company that is a dealer for redcat so i get stuff at dealer cost.but they are out of the aluminum versions and it is really bummin me out.always wanted one and now that i can get one it is no longer avalable.i f i buy the volcano and then add the aluminum stuff it will cost me twice as much as the volcano!same with the hurricane.the hurrice i just want for looks as a shelfer.i will be getting the landslide and a volcano but should i get the 2 speed?its onle 20 bucks more for a better engine,aluminum top plate and 2 speed!