Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Landslide Attention redcat Nick

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Landslide Bill WNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Landslide Attention redcat Nick

Thankyou redcat Nick all bavk together and rollin agin ![sm=thumbup.gif] and everyone that had something to say!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Redcat Nick

Default RE: Landslide Attention redcat Nick

Glad to hear that your back up and having fun.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:12 AM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

Redcat Nick,

If this message gets to you can you tell me how long it takes to hear back from Redcat support? Its had been ten days now and I have even sent a follow up email and still nothing. coming up on my third weekend with this truck sitting on the shelf being almost two months old, and not even a quart and a half of nitro ran...?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 AM
RCToysNh

is there something we can help you with ?

try filling out their warranty form for response.

or contact the dealer you purchased from.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 AM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

Yes actually there is, your the dealer I purchased my truck from and at the present momant I am awaiting to hear from you too..
Ill try to be as short but detailed at possible,
First problem, I asked redcat about two issues and one of them they told me to contact you so I did, that was about a burnt steering servo, I just sent a follow up email last night I think or the night before..

Second, I asked Redcat about the tranny gear melting to the front half outer casing, he said send him some pictures and I did and nothing after more then a week, also sent a follow up email...

this weekend will be my third weekend Ican't run my truck because of the steering servo and my truck is now pushing two months old only

thank you for responding and helping me out, even if its just an email saying you can't do nothing would be nice and I can focus both issues with Redcat support.

thanks again
Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Redcat Nick

Can you email me directly with the issues that you are haveing and I will take care of you.

My email is [email protected]
Old 05-29-2009, 04:25 PM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

Tbanks Nick, I will email you what I got when I get home from work tonight
Old 05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: RCToysNh

LANDSLIDE*BASHER

Yes actually there is, your the dealer I purchased my truck from and at the present momant I am awaiting to hear from you too..
ROTFLMAO, Now that's irony for you.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:32 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

LANDSLIDE*BASHER

They walked right in to that one! That is funny!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:00 AM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: jpilkinton

LANDSLIDE*BASHER

What is so funny about customer support ?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 AM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: LANDSLIDE*BASHER

Tbanks Nick, I will email you what I got when I get home from work tonight
Drop us a PMor email if you need further assistance.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:13 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Uhm, if you don't see the humor in it, then I guess I cn't help you by telling you. Don't get up set, it's not bad. It was just funny.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: jpilkinton

LANDSLIDE*BASHER

What is so funny about customer support ?
He's been trying to contact the seller, but YOUnever responded to his emails.....
Nothing against you or your customer support(on this forum), I just found it funny(in a good sense)..
Old 06-25-2009, 11:07 AM
fishel4

What was the solution on the gear melting to the trans case I have the same promblem also I have a problem with the one way bearing going out after a half tank of fuel and want to know if this part# Replacement-06267-Bearing fixed the problem before I spend any more money on one-ways already bought 4
Old 06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

fishel4,

I was not given a solution as to why and how to fix that issue but was given a new replacement transmission, however I am still running on the home made fix I did after it happened the first time, which I have posted on here somewhere what I did, (when I get more time Ill try to find it for you) but in short, I filed a small fender washer down to fit in between the owb and the casing bearing so that it keeps the gear from ever reaching over that far, and just for kicks I sprayed some teflon lub in there for the added friction reducer so things mesh and slide better, so far I got two quarts down instead of the one when it first happened.
I also never received a response from redcat support from the website, I sent pics like asked and nothing in return,

BTW, THANK YOU VERY MUCH REDCAT NICK, WITH THE NEW STEERING SERVO, AND AFTER MOVING INTO A NEW HOUSE, I AM BACK TO BASHING AGAIN,
Old 06-25-2009, 01:14 PM
fishel4

Basher
I will give it a shot do you have any pics you can post? Also have you had any one way bearing problems?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:41 PM
jigawatt

funny or not, I give RCToysNh credit for at least popping in to help out. it is kinda funny though, at least you were able to respond to him
Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

Yes sir Jigawatt, credit where credit is due.. IM sure he just missed my email or maybe was sent to the spam folder due to anti-virus program, oh well. thanks anyway RCToysNh...

Fishel4, at the time I didn't think to take pics of the mod due to just trying to get it back running, however I now have a spare tranny that will need the same work cause my first mod still seems to be working, so I can take it apart and kinda show you where I put it and what I had to do to make it fit in there to perform properly, maybe Redcat can take this idea and run with it to make these trannies more durable and last longer, I will also include a picture of the teflon lube I sprayed in there, not sure if it is recommended so proceed at your own risk as always, for me it has worked for half a gallon so far with no sign of failure yet,

currenty I got some screwed up hours at work so it might take me a few days or so, atleast I got the weekend off so for sure I will have it then, so stay tuned

oh yeah, I am currenty running on my second owb only cause I installed a second gear pack when I had the melting problem, however nothing was wrong with the other one, I put a new one in cause of it being a complete gear pack set,(first gear stripped out is the reason for changing gear pack, thats when I found the meltage)

ha ha, fourth chapter submitted
peace out

Old 06-26-2009, 01:49 AM
BigDave09

What was the solution on the gear melting to the trans case I have the same promblem also I have a problem with the one way bearing going out after a half tank of fuel and want to know if this part# Replacement-06267-Bearing fixed the problem before I spend any more money on one-ways already bought 4
What Kinda gas are u useing
Old 06-26-2009, 11:24 AM
fishel4

thanks Basher I will not be working on my truck this weekend anyway 107 deg to hot to work in the garage.

BigDave09 I have been running Traxxass 20% but this OWB is in the trans not the eng
Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 AM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

Fishel4,

Ihave some pics here for you, the first one shows where the washer goes, the second pic you can see that the washer is slightly bigger then the hole in the gear where the owb is so I had to sand it down with my dremal so it would fit and not be sandwiched between the gear and the casing but ride on both bearings, the owb and the case bearing
the third is the teflon lub Iused to help reduce friction,
the fourth is my org tranny that got stripped and melted(luckily I caught the meltage early enough I just had to replace the gear pack.)

I hope this has helped

P.S. something I have noticed while messing with this new tranny, the owb itself is somewhat pressed in the hex nut that fits in the gear, so make sure it is in all the way or this fix might make it tight in there, Iwas thinking of making the owb push through the gear a lil but but after thinking about it it might work its way back and thenput ya right back where theres the problem.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75932.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1227302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56076.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1227303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12159.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	1227304   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd89841.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1227305  
Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 AM
fishel4

Thanks Basher thats one thing I noticed about the new gear pack was he owb sticks out of the gear more than my old gear pack enough to were I dont think the gear hits the case
Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 PM
LANDSLIDE*BASHER

yes sir, I am thinkin that was the intention, to have the owb itself ride on the casing bearing and be ok, but not the case for me first time around... maybe what you can do is make sure the case where the gear was hitting is clean and dry then put a light film of either grease or oil or something wet on the gear and put it in place and with light pressure rotate the gear and see if it comes in contact with the casing, you might have to put both casing halves together and try that cause I have noticed too that these shafts don't snuggly fit into the bearing as there is some wobbly play... good luck with it this go around,peace out