Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Fitting Volcano Tires onto a Tornado

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Fitting Volcano Tires onto a Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
hornet28610

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting Volcano Tires onto a Tornado

Hi, I have been a member for a while but was just simply wondering if the Volcano tires would fit onto a tornado. In my instruction manual, the diameter of the wheel is listed at: 86*32mm(F) and 86*40mm (R). I have a feeling that it won't fit, but I thought I would just ask to see if anyone else has tried to do it. Basically, I just want my tornado to sit higher so I can run it better in the grass. I guess while I am on here, if anyone has any suggestions to make it sit higher those would be helpful to me as well. Thanks for your time.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
rclynx

Default RE: Fitting Volcano Tires onto a Tornado

It will bolt right up and burn the clutch up if you don't change the gears
Old 04-14-2009, 05:04 PM
hornet28610

Ok, so they will fit without any other fittings, (other than the clutch issue). Would they be the best way to raise it off the ground? I will be investing in a Volcano SV soon and was just wondering if I added these tires, how much higher would they make the tornado sit, than from stock tires? Again, I appreciate any help.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:18 PM
chevyderek72

It would make it sit higher, but your gear ratio will be all messed up, so you would have no acceleration, thus making your clutch slip. You could get a different clutch bell to change the gear ratio, but it woud look weird. The buggies are more meant for the track, and smoother surfaces. You could always look on towerhobbies.com or something and find some buggy tires that are taller, and it wouldnt change your gear ratio too much. But your best bet would be to just get the volcano, or even go 1/8th scale, the 1/8th buggy is on sale for 250, and its a beast. it has higher groung clearance, but there is so much power it just tears through grass, or whatever it is.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
hornet28610

Alright. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 AM
rclynx

They would put you at the same height as the Volcano Best way to raise it would be buy a Volcano and put the tornado on the hard dirt where it belongs