Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

racing redcat cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
stevdu5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing redcat cars

does anyone competitively raise their redcats?? and if so what product..are any of them set up for real racing?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: racing redcat cars

Ill eventually try to race my hurricane, and i know RedcatNick races his hurricane at the local track.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:25 AM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

I raced my Hurricane several times this winter indoors. "Every" time I got on the track something broke. I did crash alot and will take some credit for damages. However many other guys with Losi, Mugen, Associated buggies crashed alot as well and hardly ever broke. I like the Hurricane. Its just as fast as anything out there, but I just dont think its components are durable enough for true off road racing. Great for bashing though. Just my personal experience.

PS, I am going to try to race again this summer, outdoors. We will see how that goes.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
chevyderek72

Really? Ive beat my cane pretty hard and the only thing ive broke so far was the mud gaurd,cracked. But there was tons of huge rocks in most places. Im suprised i didnt break more. Im talkin rocks at least 4 inches in diameter, and bigger. Was fun though.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I have to agree with chevy. I had a cane for a good long while and beat the tar out of it, even took it out on the tracks to race and I don't think I ever broke anything. Matter of fact we haven't sold any 1/8th cane parts in almost a year.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

Bashing and racing on a closed course race track with tons of jumps are not the same. A race track is much more brutal on a buggy than bashing around, even in rocks. 99% of broken parts while racing my Hurricane were suspension parts. In particular the upper and lower A Arms at the hinge pin point, both front and rear. The material thickness that the hinge pin inserts thru is too thin. Not strong enough for racing. Just my experience. Other than that the rest of buggy holds up pretty well.