Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RedCat Racing/Exceed RC Canadian Support/Parts - Nitro Speed RC

For all RedCat or Exceed RC enthusiasts in Canada who, like me, try to find parts on this side of the border to avoid lengthy shipping times and extra costs - please note that Sebastien at Nitro Speed RC, located in Quebec City, QC, has been sidelined with some personal health issues but is still very much looking to continue business. I recently received an email from him (he's been out of touch for a couple of weeks) to update me on his status. While he's still on the road to recovery, he indicated that he will do his best to take care of urgent needs or orders already placed until he is 100% again. Sounds like he'll have things back on track in about a month or so but needs to take it slow until then.

I've made extensive use of Sebastien's services and look forward to his full return. He passes along his sincere apologies for missing a number of replies while he's been unable to focus on anything other than getting well.

Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RedCat Racing/Exceed RC Canadian Support/Parts - Nitro Speed RC

Oh man that totally understandable. Hope he gets better. Good luck to him.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for your support guys!

I am still able to serve you if you need something like parts, vehicules, acessories, etc.. I don't want to loose my customers. Please just be a little more patient because i answered ALL the emails but sometime it take me 2-3days instead of 1-2 days to answered my customers. But, if you need something rush, just tell me your order is urgent and i will take more attention to your email and give answer quickly.

I am appreciate all your good words for me and i will be back soon with more deal and more new products!

Best regards all,

Sebastien

p.s. Thanks a lot ddrenth about this topic you have started for me. I am very happy about the times you have took to write this message. Please just remember me that on your next purchase!
    Dealer for Redcat Racing in Canada

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been emailing them and i have not had a response from them I own a Rockslide super class and the diff spur gear stripped in the center because it is plastic that should definitely be metal to be able to pull that weight up and down ever since I did the dual 2000mah nicd batteries the power is insane but the spur gears can not handle the load of the rig and I'm not talking about the outer gear I'm talking about the part that usually has a diff cup but instead it has a solid bar diff with a plastic gear, they has been out of stock for 2 weeks now so I'm gonna assume that they are aware of this problem but I haven't gotten a response from them at all I am disappointed in them. I hope some one from Redcat see this and emails me back....I've also called their number from their site and the mail box is full and no answer....what is going on with this company?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Regarding Exceed parts availability in Canada:

While Exceed have finally improved on the quality of the plastics used on some of the new cars, unfortunately getting hold of spares is another story altogether, especially if you live outside the US and China.

While some parts from certain Exceed models are interchangeable with Redcat, HSP, Himoto etc (all rebrands of HSP) ...... Exceed also has some 'exclusive' models like the 1/8 Maddrift, where parts are more difficult to obtain, especially if you live outside the US and China, as none of the rebrands have parts for that specific model. (exclusive to Exceed)

Unfortunately there is no support for Exceed up here in Canada, so for us Exceed is pretty much out of the loop altogether, which is a pity as I do like their newer (much improved) offerings.

If spares were available up here in Canada for the 1/8 Maddrift, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, however that is unfortunately not the case.

Having only 2 dealers (who don't always have all the parts available) in the US is just not enough to service the whole of North America, which would make replacements parts not only expensive to ship, but also longer wait times to obtain if outside the US.

If one can't obtain spares easily enough and at a reasonable price, it's just NOT worth the investment, no matter how good the car may be.

When it comes to RC cars especially, part support and availability is CRITICAL and should always be one of the major deciding factors when making a decision to purchase.
    For this reason, you will not find many (if any) Exceed owners up here in Canada.

Exceed has no plans or interest in servicing the Canadian market. (I can only assume they make enough $ from the Chinese and US market which is obviously their main target market.)

Redcat Racing and HSP does however have 'reasonable' part support in Canada and parts are interchangeable with some (not all) Exceed models.

*It should be noted, that while most part numbers between HSP and the rebrands (Redcat, Exceed, Himoto etc) may be 'identical', they are NOT made at the same factory and the quality of components between the manufactures VARY.
    Last edited by Stryker48; 03-23-2015 at 08:02 AM.