Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

what do you all think? faulty volcano t2

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

what do you all think? faulty volcano t2

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
brooksc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what do you all think? faulty volcano t2

....do you even have a point? all i was comparing about them was how they were more solidly built.....
Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
chevyderek72

Haha, its like comparing apples to oranges. The 1/8th avalanche is a lot more solid. Its like buying a 36th scale and then saying a 1/5th scale is more solid. Uhh duh
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
brooksc

of course bigger is more solid..usually..but im talking about HOW they are built...the drive shafts...brake systems...
Old 05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
brooksc

just an update..i sent the truck in and they will be recieving it tomorrow...lol not that many or any of you care probably but i will keep you all updated on what happens with it
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 AM
r\c justin

ok cool let me know how much it cost $$$$
Old 05-14-2009, 11:17 AM
brooksc

heres the email i got from them yesterday evening.......

"""Ok the tech came to me today with your truck completed.

He tested the radio and was getting a messed up signal from it but said the tip of the antenna was missing so one he replaced it there was no more signal problems.

He fixed all parts and the only thing that needs payment for it 01007, 62008, and 02044

He fixed the servo that was damaged in the crash with on that he had so there wont be a charge for it. He also put o-rings in the drive cups and made sure they aren't able to come out.

Here is what the order total will be

01007 $4.99 (front arm plate)
62008 $4.99(brake pads and plates)
02044 $3.99 (spur gear)

Total $13.97
Discount 50% $6.99
Shipping $12.00
Order total $18.99"""""

BUT thats not all the parts that were cracked and broken...i know the front lower arm was cracked.(i stuck a tag on it and wrote a note so they wouldnt miss it).the dogbone in the front going from the body to the wheel was bent...and the fuel tank had a hole almost rubbed in it from the brake setup...and the engine? i couldnt make it do anything at all..
i emailed him back and told him all this so we will see..im not trying to be picky but i just want to make sure its all ready to go when i get it back......
the price to get it fixed is great..not complaining at all..just wondering what about the rest of it?...
and the antenna wasnt missing the top piece when i sent it...do you think that would actually cause it to lose control???? i think the servo went crazy and caused the crash..not the other way around... what do you think?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:00 AM
redlineautomotive3

i just purchased the volcano T2..right out of the box the left front lower a arm pin wasnt in all the way so the a arm was poped out..so i fixed it.. did the break in ect..took it for the first drive made it about 50ft and chucked the front drive shaft seems like its to short..so i loosened the coupler on the tcase and slid it ahead a bit.. and went for another drive didnt fall out. but still has alot of play i dont trust it..also crashed my truck and broke upper arm brace and cant find one on web site. the truck steers good left but not good right the survo doesnt seem to have any power bolth ways..so the crash was my fault..should have made sure the truck was steering right before i opened it up..other then that im happy with the truck its verry fast...but i do need part #01007 A arm plate.if any one can help the rest of the parts i found on the web site
Old 07-01-2009, 07:28 AM
aldwardo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: redlineautomotive3

i just purchased the volcano T2..right out of the box the left front lower a arm pin wasnt in all the way so the a arm was poped out..so i fixed it.. did the break in ect..took it for the first drive made it about 50ft and chucked the front drive shaft seems like its to short..so i loosened the coupler on the tcase and slid it ahead a bit.. and went for another drive didnt fall out. but still has alot of play i dont trust it..also crashed my truck and broke upper arm brace and cant find one on web site. the truck steers good left but not good right the survo doesnt seem to have any power bolth ways..so the crash was my fault..should have made sure the truck was steering right before i opened it up..other then that im happy with the truck its verry fast...but i do need part #01007 A arm plate. if any one can help the rest of the parts i found on the web site
Does this look like what you need?
[link]http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/08048[/link]