Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

best after run oil?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
brooksc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best after run oil?

ive been doing alot of looking on other forums on here and it seems like everyone has a different opionin on which is the best after run oil...
on the video i got with my traxxas they say to use wd-40...im not going to do that because wd-40 draws moisture in..while its a good lube i dont think it fits this purpose...
some people say just use marvel mystery oil or 2 cycle oil that you mix with the gas for use in weedeaters etc..
then there is the actual 'after run oils' hobbico and the others..what is your opinion on it?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:14 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: best after run oil?

I just picked up some marvel mystery oil. I dont use it all the time, only when i wont be running for a week or so. If im gonna run in the next couple days i wont, but if im not sure i will.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 PM
r\c justin

i got the after oil from tower hobbies... but i am running traxxas pro fuel and i know it more oil than relugar fuels.. so i don't really use it.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:29 AM
robriley

actually wd-40 is not a lubricant at all. it displaces moisture, it doesn't draw it in.
wd means "water displacement".
Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 AM
rclynx

All the late style after run oils are good but I favor RCE after run
Old 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM
{GBI}Harryball

There are many schools of thought on this subject. Me, I use wd-40, thats because its cheap and does the job. Rclynx, has alot of experience, I mean alot. I know he uses afterrun. So what im trying to say, if it keeps moisture out and a thin layer of lube in, you should be fine with either product. The best afterrun is the brand that RClynx recommended.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I agree WD-40 is recommended in the traxxas manuals, but I also Use [link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/index.php/cPath/128]RCE or Pacer after run oils[/link]

Long time no see Tony. What have you been up too. Thought you fell off the face of the earth.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
brooksc

i ordered a couple fuel filters and the hobbico and racers edge after run oil....they were both pretty cheap so i figured i'd use the racers edge on the traxxas and hobbico on the redcat and just see if there is any difference...

ive seen people use the wd-40 on guns just as a general cleaner and oil to keep them from rusting and lubed up..it doesnt work too well....ive seen several rust spots after them using wd-40...thats just why i wouldnt use it in my rc engine...never tried it and it seems like some swear by it though so it must be okay
Old 05-12-2009, 07:02 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

I agree WD-40 is recommended in the traxxas manuals, but I also Use [link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/index.php/cPath/128]RCE or Pacer after run oils[/link]

Long time no see Tony. What have you been up too. Thought you fell off the face of the earth.
Whats up Wade, I did fall off the face of the earth and right into Call of duty World at war. LOL,, Im back for the season. Its time to get things going again.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM
robriley

i forget the name of the after run oil that i use, but it smells like marvel mystery oil, and has about the same consitency as wd-40.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:43 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

Whats up Wade, I did fall off the face of the earth and right into Call of duty World at war. LOL,, Im back for the season. Its time to get things going again.
Awsome, how is it? I've been thinking about building a new tower just to play that, LOL.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
neyou86
My Feedback: (2)

i use wd 40 and no problems so far
Old 05-12-2009, 06:20 PM
rclynx

The all new AAO will be out next month..........its a lot better for interaction than COD but COD has a lot of bad a _ _ toys

Almost forgot about the question [&:] there are a couple of companies that are having Marvel oil repackaged for after run oil
Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: {GBI}Harryball

Awsome, how is it? I've been thinking about building a new tower just to play that, LOL.
It rocks Im running two servers right now. Call me when you decide to build I have some info for you on the new quad cores. John Nothing beats COD LOL
Old 05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
brooksc

ORIGINAL: rclynx

The all new AAO will be out next month..........its a lot better for interaction than COD but COD has a lot of bad a _ _ toys

Almost forgot about the question [&:] there are a couple of companies that are having Marvel oil repackaged for after run oil

well both the after run oils i got look and smell like marvel..lol im pretty sure after i used them up i'll just stick with marvel unless i find something better lol