Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Fuel Filter Recommendations?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 AM
pprune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Filter Recommendations?

I have a new Volcano SV. I saw a recommendation to install a fuel filter in the setup videos. Any specific type / model of fuel filter that I need or just get whatever I can find on ebay / local hobby store?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Landslide Bill WNY

Default RE: Fuel Filter Recommendations?

Ebay or local hbs I always purchase from rufaster.com I used the blue filter from them put it on my landslide. Have fun!!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM
madmarty

i use a motor saver air filter in all my rc's....you can find them at most lhs
Old 05-22-2009, 05:10 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: pprune

I have a new Volcano SV. I saw a recommendation to install a fuel filter in the setup videos. Any specific type / model of fuel filter that I need or just get whatever I can find on ebay / local hobby store?
My recomendation is to NOTGETONE. They cause more problems than they help. If they start getting fuel gum build up they will start running the engine lean and burn it up same happens if they get a little bit of trash in them. It's one more place to have the possibility of an air leak. I've had more people with fuel filter problemthan I care to count come into our shop with problems of not starting, running lean, leaking air bubbles and etc..... just to end up paying us $15 labor to take 2 seconds to pull off the fuel filter put on a new fuel line and bam it runs fine. If you keep your fuel tank clean and keep the fuel bottle nozzle clean you won't have trash in your tank.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
nubzorz

bring the fuel line to your lhs and they can match it up but i just ordered one from redcat it was cheap and it works great
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
kryptonite5b
My Feedback: (-2)

i agree with AAFH, but sometimes when fueling up in the feild you will get dirt and grime in the tank, even if your carefull. i would sugjest running a fuel filter. but i would also sugjest maintaning them. they unscrew to clean out and keeping your fuel lines in good condition will also help with air leaks. dont store your rig with fuel in the lines. make sure you blow them out or it will couse rough starts. its better to deal with the filter then deal with the headaches of having grime in the mill.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:09 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had a problem running a filter Wade...but then again I take them apart and clean them and put new o-rings in them pretty frequent...thanks for the heads up though
Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
jigawatt

I heavily suggest using a fuel filter. All that stuff that gets in there, be happy it gets caught in there and not ran though the engine. You'd be surprised what gets into the tank. Then again, I am always running offroad... so I'll take that one extra piece of security.

Fuel filter maintenance is one of those things that is ignored just as much as shock maintenance, differential maintenance and so on. Lets face it, no one pushes or notes to pay attention to it. I haven't seen anything about fuel filters in the past year from :xtreme rc cars or r/c car magazine. And they say that they are dyin for something to write about...

I've seen some weird things in the filter, grass being one of them... but to each their own, thats what makes the hobby fun.