Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

glow plug ignitors..help!!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:53 PM
brooksc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glow plug ignitors..help!!

i got a glow plug ignitor from redcat with my volcano t2..just the plain one that u can see the battery on top of....hsp is the battery..its never worked right....it holds enough charge to start it maybe 3 times max...i charged it for 8 hours before using it it you are wondering...
so i bought a new on from the same guy i got my truck from..sposed to be himoto with the meter on top and a new charger...i got it and it was a redcat with the meter.....same hsp battery as the other one but a prettier package...lol either the meter just doesnt work or it wont charge...the meter jumps sometimes if you move the end around but wont go up to the top of green..i havent tried to use it yet so i might work..but im doubting its charging cause the battery never gets warm....
the chargers are the same for both...the light doesnt come on on the first charger so the charger may be faulty..but i dont know..what do you guys think?
how many starts do you usually get out of a ignitor before you have to charge them?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 PM
rclynx

Default RE: glow plug ignitors..help!!

Get a glow starter that is an upgrade to at least a 1600maH or even better 2400maH. My 24's last about 2 days of 6 to 8 hours of starts. Good luck and HAPPY RC'en
Old 06-06-2009, 11:52 PM
robriley

Default RE: glow plug ignitors..help!!

the stock one that i got with my volcano (HPI)works great. it will last quite a while...probably about 20 or morestarts before i need to re-charge it.
when i run my truck i only run it 3-4 times on the same day,andit stays charged until i'm ready to run again. it may sit for a day or 2 not hooked up to the charger and it will hold it's charge.