Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Rear Differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 10:45 PM
bentuhley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Differential

I had both gears in my rear differential lose some teeth. Is this common or is there anything I can do to avoid it in the future? Wasn't really sure what could cause it other than maybe faulty parts. I just got electric start put on it to after pull starter messed up for the third time in the 12 or 13 runs I've done in it so far. So I was aching to drive it.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:28 AM
alishanmao

Default RE: Rear Differential

Hey there

This happens due to hard landings, sometimes the gear teeth will bust up. No biggie. you can drive it until it just quits working. Then you can buy a complete diff gear set n it takes 15 minutes or less to replace the set. Mine front was busted due to bad bashing of this lil baby, Can't resist it, this is a little bad boy hehe. so during dirving i can hear some cluck clunk but it still worked fine. I drove it till the front wheel drive was gone totally. then I replace it with a new one. Truck was back in action.

Cheers mate

Ali
Old 06-06-2009, 07:43 AM
bentuhley

Default RE: Rear Differential

Ah, that would make sense. She was taking some pretty hard hits. They tore out quite a few acres of forest to put in homes by my brother in laws house. Makes a good place to go bashing . When I get her running again I'll have to make a video its a sweet spot.