Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

MUST GO FASTER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
spear1872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MUST GO FASTER!!!

Hello, I recently asked if there was a 2 or 3 speed tranny that I could drop in my Hurricane. That was a bust, sooo now does anyone know if here is a center diff gear and clutch bell set that would fit and give me some good top speed. I got to go faster, my bother just got the traxxas 3.3 and in a race we're neck en neck until he hits 2nd gear, then he's gone. Someone please help.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:40 PM
jigawatt

Default RE: MUST GO FASTER!!!

those traxxas vehicles are designed and advertised for the straight line enthusiast, in fact, that's one of the main reasons they advertise the vehicle's speed on the box. Get his vehicle on a track, you should be able to kill whatever he has.

There really isn't a lot that you can do since your vehicle is more of a "track" style vehicle.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like jig said...the jato is more of a straightline truck...excellent drag truck...your hurricane will not be able to touch it in a drag race....with that said...if you want more power and more speed and have around $60 to spend, get you a xtm 457 piston/sleeve and drop it in the sh.28....this will bring your sh.28 to life....currently I have the stock pipes on mine that I done this mod to...but someday I will be putting a dynamite midrange pipe on one to see how it cahnges
Old 06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
jigawatt

you should notice a fairly decent change. dynamite pipes are made for dynamite engines (pretty much the same exact engines as xtm mills). obviously xtm & dynamite engines and pipes are manufactured for SH engines... , therefore dynamite pipe for xtm "mutt" SH engine = more horsepower!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
firebird78

yeah I have a dynamite top end pipe on one of my buggies that has a sh.21 8 port on it..sounds wicked...not fully broke in yet....I have a xtm 457 pro 6 port on my 1/8th truggy with a dynamite midrange pipe ..it hasnt seen a drop of fuel yet though
Old 06-17-2009, 08:40 AM
spear1872

Thanks for the advice. I already dropped in the hpi 5.9 BIGBLOCK, runs great, very thursty engine. Any ideas on the gears?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:21 PM
jigawatt

Leave the gearing... just drag your bro onto a track   I have a feeling his traxxas equipped vehicle doesn't do well with right and left turns
Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 PM
nubzorz

just get aftermarket air folter,header and a nice tuned pipe.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:10 PM
chevyderek72

How much power does that 6 port mod make over stock?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:48 PM
firebird78

I dont have a dyno to tell you the exact hp rating...I would assume it would be fairly close to the xtm 457 pro which the 6 port is actually for...these engines are both made from golden lion I believe...I do have an actuall xtm 457 pro on my rxt truggy but my modded sh.28s with this piston and sleeve are on 1/8th buggies....so that means I wont be able to actually do a very good comperasion between the 2 engines..

the difference is very noticable after the mod...you hear it upon start up...more torque and is faster on the top
Old 06-18-2009, 06:11 PM
chevyderek72

Ok, ya i wasnt expecting to see numbers haha, not many people have rc dynos haha. cause i just picked up an earthquake, the one from back in the day and i dont know if i should put the infinity 27 in it or take out the sh from my hurricane. I figured with the 6 port mod eventually i would make more power. So i think ill throw the sh in the quake, and the infinity in the cane.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:20 PM
firebird78

well it all depends on which you prefer...if you like monster trucks more then buggies I'd throw the sh in the earthquake...if you like buggies more (which is my personal preference) leave the sh on the cane...if ya do throw it on the earthquake put it on stock before ya mod it..that way you can see the difference in performance...either way, if you mod the engine you will thank me just by hearing it idle...not to mention running it

Old 06-18-2009, 10:53 PM
chevyderek72

Ya ill deffinitely put it in stock first and then when it starts to go or i have extra money layin around (like that ever happens haha). But im stuck now, because sometimes where i bash i really want the ground clearance, but i like the handling of the cane. I havent actually driven it yet cause i still gotta put the motor in but ima see which i like before i decide if i wanna sell one.