Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane XTR Owners?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 PM
jigawatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hurricane XTR Owners?

worthy upgrades are CNC shock towers and chassis support braces. you can pretty much kiss chassis flex goodbye at that point.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:13 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

right on jig....mine sports the billit aluim towers and supports along with all cv shaft axles...I got a ace 1015 steering servo, sh.21 8 port flowing through a dynamite pipe...makes it a pretty sweet buggy....only thing I'm thinking of adding is the billet ackerman plate (havent had an issue with the stocker though)...I need to invest in some big bores too, just havent made up my mind which ones
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 AM
LuD

This may be a stupid question, but how the HECK am I supposed to secure the antenna tube? The thing just moves around freely, and I don't see it staying there for long if a roll over happens... Help!

Other than that, I'm just setting it all up and making sure everything is tight, gear mesh is ok, and I'm going to do loctite where needed.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:39 PM
firebird78

the antanna tube should fit tight into the battery box
Old 07-10-2009, 06:41 PM
LuD

... Naaaah, on the side of the box, it has a hole sticking out, and a little indention for the wire to feed down into. The tube just pulls right back out with the cover tightly fit on there. I might take more pictures so you guys can see. This thing has me baffled, and I don't want to super glue it down there!!! Also, I don't know how to get the wheels off!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:36 PM
LuD

Can you see?... I don't know what to do...

Old 07-11-2009, 08:48 PM
firebird78

your battery box is prolly one of the very few things that are different then my buggy...its SHOULD fit tight there...dont have that battery box so I dont know what the deal is...but yeah ur putting it in the right spot...maybe try to wrap some black tape around the end of the tube then see if it fits in snug...other then that I dont know man
Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 AM
LuD

Hmmm, not a bad idea. I'll just throw some electrical tape around it, and squeeze it down. I have to dremel out the antenna hole on the body so I can fit the tube with the cap through it. Argh.

How do you get your wheels off? I got a hex nut inside the wheel that doesn't do anything, and those weird shaped things on the outside of the wheels that I've never seen before...
Old 07-12-2009, 10:50 AM
firebird78

the hex on the inside of the wheel is to keep your wheels from spinning freely on your axles...your wheel has a hex molded in it on the back side and this hex nut fits in there.....sounds like you have a different style of wheel nut...went and looked on redcat's site and its different....either they sent a tool with the buggy to remove the wheels, or you will have to buy the wrench to remove this nut...I did look to see if the wrench is offered but had no luck, cant even find a parts page for this buggy
Old 07-12-2009, 03:34 PM
madmarty

you can also try using rtv or you can use this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWN9&P=7 or your lhs...this one will secure your anteena for sure. i mounted mine on top of the box, works wonderful....as for those wheel nuts, i used a pair of needle nose pliers to remove them. and when you do, throw them away and get some 17mm hex nuts, also avaiable at your lhs
Old 07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: madmarty

you can also try using rtv or you can use this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWN9&P=7 or your lhs...this one will secure your anteena for sure. i mounted mine on top of the box, works wonderful....as for those wheel nuts, i used a pair of needle nose pliers to remove them. and when you do, throw them away and get some 17mm hex nuts, also avaiable at your lhs

throw them away...lol...good one....
Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM
LuD

Alright. I'll see what I can do! Thanks for the tips guys!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
chevyderek72

Whats wrong with the hex nuts, use a 17mm wrench and take it off. I dont know why it has those indentations on it but its a 17mm nut for sure.