Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Clutch Bell

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:48 PM
mystery7k7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Bell

What would cause a clutch bell to just get up and break on you. Maybe a dumb question but running your car in 100 degree weather can't be good can it?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: Clutch Bell

I dont think the weather temp could cause it to break a clutch bell, but overly tight gear mesh heat, or excess motor heat may have caused it to fracture?Were you running the older (i think aluminum) clutch bell, or the new steel one? (Just going off what I've read, but I think they used to have probs with the older aluminum clutch bells) I dont think they've had any probs with the steel ones..
Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 PM
mystery7k7

ya its the alluminum should i replace it with steel?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Mickstix

That's what I'd do! And make sure your driveline is moving freely (diffs, spur gear, transmission, etc.) because if a pebble or debris of somekind locked up the drive train, that could also cause the clutch bell to fracture.. Most likely the plastic spur gear (If you have a plastic spur gear) would shred before the clutch/pinion, but ya never know with these things.. But you should be good to go with a steel clutch/pinion!! Just make sure you get the gear mesh set right and you'll be golden!! Good luck gettin her back up and runnin!!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:33 AM
chevyderek72

It shouldnt be cause the heat cause ive run mine in the same weather as you. Maybe just the aluminum one. What car is it? 2 speed or single?