Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

help

Old 07-14-2009, 06:16 PM
gadawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

i just got a new earthquake 3.5 and i was doing the break in on the 4th tank i loss control of the car can somebody pls help I'm new to all this
Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Redcat Nick

Default RE: help

Email me what all happened and I will see what I can do for you. Email is [email protected]
Old 07-14-2009, 06:34 PM
gadawg

sent email
Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you lost control as in it ran off, and you had no control over it?....I know Nick is taking care of this....is a good reminder though for new folks to the world of rc...when you recieve you rc you should check it over really well...inspect the crystals in the radio and reciever make sure they are installed correctly and are tight....if your running AA batteries in the reciever ALWAYS either tape them in or wrap a rubberband around them...FAILSAFES people, I wont run without one...I also always do a radio check before I start the engine (yes everytime I go out, even if I just went the day before)...

Nick...yall putting the am radio like the ones that came with the previous 1/8ths in these??...those are pretty decent stock radios
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
robriley

yes definitly invest in a fail safe. even tho the one i have works like sh*t, i still have one. mine can't decide if it want to go to full throttle, or full brake if i turn the radio off to check it. the servo just sits there and moves back & forth...it never goes to full brake when i turn the radio off. yes, brand new batteries in the radio and the receiver. i have re-set the failsafe according to the instructions several times, and it always does the same damm thing.
but...i would still advise everyone to get one and hopefully they will have better luck with theirs than i have had with mine.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
nubzorz

well said firebird always tape your batteries in the worst thing that could happen is losing power to the car when its going 30mph im guessing its either that or check and make sure your servos are pluged into the reciever nice and tight before running next time turn the car on and reciever and walk at least 50 feet away and make sure everything works properly before running if that doesnt work out for you its either the reciever or radio thats faulty
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM
firebird78

Rob...which failsafe you have?....I run mostly venom and like them...only thing is with some models they dont fit in the battery box to well...on my mtr-3 I have it ziptied to the front upper mount..

I've prolly said it a thousand times....but a failsafe WILL NOT stop a runaway if you lose power to your reciever (it takes battery power to activate)....
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 AM
r\c justin

take it back and get a traxxas!!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
robriley

i have a venom failsafe in my volcano. it worked the way it's supposed to when i first put it in but it only worked right for about a month (maybe 5-6 runs in that month's time).
Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM
gadawg

thanks for the help i just ran 2 tanks with no problem i tape the batts and made sure all plugs in the receiver where tight the batts in the controller where lose so i think that was it? this is my first rc so i dont know much i thank yall again for the help I'm sure i will need more later
Old 07-15-2009, 07:53 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: r\c justin

take it back and get a traxxas!!!!

justin....wake up.....if you like your traxxas great....leave it at that...but just so yanno, I have a revo and you couldnt give me another traxxas
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM
nubzorz

you couldnt give me one either my t-maxx is junk thing looks brand new and runs like its 20 years old one problem after another with that thing i never run it im always waiting for parts..
Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 PM
chevyderek72

Thanks firebird and nubzorz, i was gonna say something but didnt really feel like gettin in another scuffle
Old 07-20-2009, 07:40 AM
r\c justin

i haven't had one problem out of my slayer, unlike my redcat that brought the first 2 tanks of gas through it, didn't even get through breakin with out it breaking hahah .... been running it for a straight 2 weeks now balls to the wall.... only thing i have to fix is to reglue the tires... thats it