Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Vortex EPX Pro gear lash?

What is the recommended gear lash for the motor pinion-spur gear on this truck? I usually use a piece of paper on glow trucks, and that seems to work... but I just replaced the pinion, used the paper spacer, and it looks like the new spur is getting a little frayed around the edges after only 2 batteries. And that's with no jumps, and no (well not too many, anyways! ) hard starts or stops.

I think it'd be nice to have a little harder spur, that takes a bit more wear. Not necessarily steel, since that'd probably wind up shredding something more expensive.... but maybe a little harder plastic?

RE: Vortex EPX Pro gear lash?

When im mesh, i just eyeball it. Cause when i do paper i constantly want it a little different. So i redo it a bunch of times. So i just get it where i think its good. Tighten it up, and then hold the spur and turn the pinion and let it have just enough play, but not too much. Get a few extra spurs and play with it, just takes experience.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae