Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Vortex EPX Pro gear lash?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Squidbait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex EPX Pro gear lash?

What is the recommended gear lash for the motor pinion-spur gear on this truck? I usually use a piece of paper on glow trucks, and that seems to work... but I just replaced the pinion, used the paper spacer, and it looks like the new spur is getting a little frayed around the edges after only 2 batteries. And that's with no jumps, and no (well not too many, anyways! ) hard starts or stops.

I think it'd be nice to have a little harder spur, that takes a bit more wear. Not necessarily steel, since that'd probably wind up shredding something more expensive.... but maybe a little harder plastic?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:52 AM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vortex EPX Pro gear lash?

When im mesh, i just eyeball it. Cause when i do paper i constantly want it a little different. So i redo it a bunch of times. So i just get it where i think its good. Tighten it up, and then hold the spur and turn the pinion and let it have just enough play, but not too much. Get a few extra spurs and play with it, just takes experience.