Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano T2 center diff problem

Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Xtreme toyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano T2 center diff problem

I have a Volcano T2 with sealed 2-speed diff.The center diff is slipping,not allowing truck to move.I pulled the diff apart and no gears are stripped,everything seems OK,but still slips.Main outer spur gear is spinning fine but the rest of the diff doesn't seem to engage.Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.Thanks...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:52 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Volcano T2 center diff problem

Take a look at the one way bearing. Thats prob you problem.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 PM
RedCat_Chris

This problem could be either the one way bearing as prostreet said or it could be the slipper setting which the the nut and spring located on the shaft that supports the main gear. If this is set to loose it could be causing this problem, with the car on a flat surface and not running hold the car so that the wheels cannot turn and try to rotate the main gear if it turns and is slipping then you need to tighten it, Ideally you want the gear to be very tough to turn with the wheels locked but with a lot of force it should slip a little because it the slipper is to tight then all the force is put on the internal gears off the transmission.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 PM
Xtreme toyz

Thanks for the info,the slipper nut is set correctly but diff still slips.I have been involved with RC cars for a long time and know how to set a slipper nut,but I am new to nitro cars and 2-speed trannys with one way bearings.My guess is the bearing is the problem.I have contacted you guys (REDCAT) about the problem,hope I get a response.Thanks.....