Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

volcano sv wont start

Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
scavone128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volcano sv wont start

hi i just got a brand new volcano sv and it started once and i moved the throtle trim down a little to reduce the idle speed and it stalled so i let it sit for a little while and now i cannot get it to start. any suggestions?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
rjsdad

Default RE: volcano sv wont start

These engines will idle faster than your regular four stroke engine. did you set the high and low idle screws to factory settings?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gently screw in your high speed needle all the way in (dont tighten it) then screw it back out 2 1/2 turn....make sure your low speed needle is flush with the collar (or 3 turns from all in)....turn your radio and reciever on and position your trim to about half....then adjust the idle screw so you have a 1mm opening looking in the throat of the carb....then hit the brakes to make sure your 1mm setting does not move....

sometimes (have had it happen to me a few times) engines are not set from the factory....anytime you get a rtr you need to check your needles, idle and so on....cause chances are you will have to adjust something....its also good to make sure your linkages move freely without binding.....this usually needs attention on new rtr...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:39 PM
chevyderek72

Ya your idle is probably just set too low and its stalling.