Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

New Earthquake 3.0 owner radio problems

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Earthquake 3.0 owner radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:55 AM
dublea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Earthquake 3.0 owner radio problems

I am on the 3rd tank of break in procedure, about 25 feet away from the truck and it takes off, full throttle, so i'm holding back on the trigger for brakes and it does nothing to slow it down. it finally hits a house. 4th tank, same thing, takes off full speed until tangled in tall weeds. the whole time i'm on the brakes. They brakes work every other time. Is this radio interference. Ihave the AM #8 27MHz crystal. Do Ineed to just buy a 2.4 Ghz or is this faulty equipment?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: New Earthquake 3.0 owner radio problems

Make sure your reciever antenna wire is not wrapped around a servo wire, battery pack wire or the switch wires. if that does not cure the problem you are having make sure you have good quality reciever batterys and remote batterys. To prevent the run away problem it is a good idea to put a fail safe in your truck to keep it from running off. Here is a link to the fail safe [link]http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=03028[/link]
Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 PM
dublea

I changed the crystals to a 26.9 mhz set i had from an old r/c jeep and it did the same thing. so i'm thinking either the batteries just in the receiver are dying already (the transmitter shows full charge) or, more likely, I have a bad receiver. What kind of warranty do you get on the elctronics?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
UrcHobby

Redcat covers the remote control for 30 Days.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:43 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: dublea

I changed the crystals to a 26.9 mhz set i had from an old r/c jeep and it did the same thing. so i'm thinking either the batteries just in the receiver are dying already (the transmitter shows full charge) or, more likely, I have a bad receiver. What kind of warranty do you get on the elctronics?
The battery pack in the receiver box, wrap elastic around the four pack, engine idle can cause them to loose contact from vibration.
Also make sure the connector is secure.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 PM
dublea

I had wrapped them in electrical tape since I first put them in.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:56 PM
dublea

ORIGINAL: 71prostreet

Redcat covers the remote control for 30 Days.

According to www.redcatracing.com you have to go through the store you bought it from for problems/returns. Is this right?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
UrcHobby

no Redcats site says "All warranty claims must be handled through Redcat Racing and not your hobby dealer". If you want to return a redcat product you purchased from a dealer you must do so through the dealer. so you can just contact redcat about it and they will take care of you. For my customers I like to just take care of broken items myself it can be faster and reassures my customers of my commitment to great service.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 AM
dublea

my dealer said it was interference and I should buy a 2.4 GHz radio set.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
UrcHobby

I would find the source of the problem first. I have seen servo's cause radio glitches. Also you purchased a truck that is RTR not ready to buy a new 2.4 GHz radio set! As far as interference there are things that cause it but the best way to see if some one is hitting your freq is to move away from the common area you drive, go to a park or parking lot away from where you normaly drive and see if that corrects the problem (my guess is it will not). Yes a new 2.4 GHz is nice but you should not need it kinda seems like a waist of money that you can be spending on some thing better.