Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

I have to know why..

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have to know why..

This 1/10th buggy is so Cheap. Shockwave 1/10 Scale Nitro Buggy: $139.99 Can someone please explain because im in the market for another Nitro and I dont want to spend a ton of money. I was told by alot of people to stray away from redcat but i just need to know

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...itro/Shockwave

ive been watching some videos and i dont see why people say stay away redcat rc's seem like they are built really well.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
nubzorz

Default RE: I have to know why..

people just say there junk because they are cheap and redcat isnt a well known rc brand yet but they are growing very fast and people are starting to realize that redcat is a good quality brand. i think its just jealousy and anger cause people are spending tons of money on thier traxxas,Duratrax's,losi's,associated's ect.... and redcats are winning races against them...
Old 08-29-2009, 03:29 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: FP 4LC4PON3

This 1/10th buggy is so Cheap. Shockwave 1/10 Scale Nitro Buggy: $139.99 Can someone please explain because im in the market for another Nitro and I dont want to spend a ton of money. I was told by alot of people to stray away from redcat but i just need to know

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...itro/Shockwave

ive been watching some videos and i dont see why people say stay away redcat rc's seem like they are built really well.
We have been selling RedCat since 2005 and they have improved their line over the years and now have a market share and following. We have a Shockwave(Tornado) here in the shop that customers and friends play with, been running since 2006.
We have them for less on our site . The shockwave is an entry level rc. Good for starting out with , getting used to handling and tuning etc.. Dont be fooled the shockwave is a fast buggy and can be upgraded. Some buy them to test the hobby and their interest. If they find they dont like it they are not out huge amounts of $. It is a .16 engine and single speed. 35-40 mph
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

yeah i hear you i wish i would have known about redcat before i just spent a ton of cash myself. I bought 4 different nitros HPI rs4 3 evo+ 3.0, Kyosho fw-06, Mini MGT 3.0 Monster and a OGNA LX one Buggy and I spent about 1400 just for the cars about a month ago. I found redcat on youtube just looking at videos and i seen a Monster that i wanted but was told at the time redcat sucks and the quality stinks. So me beingn ew to rc thats the route i went. Wish I never did my MGT is already down due to engine Failure wich will cost me about 100 bucks to replace. My rs4 broke the same day i got it (Broke both Axels) didnt cost alot but still.