Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Earthquake 3.5 Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
smsluck13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earthquake 3.5 Upgrades

I'm planning on buying the Earthquake 3.5 pretty soon but have not found a listing of upgrades on the their website. After watching my neighboor bash around his Backdraft 8E and seeing the weak points in the control arms and body mounts I'm wanting to upgrade to aluminum parts pretty quickly. Does anyone know of any available? Are any third party companies making parts yet?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Earthquake 3.5 Upgrades

Redcat does have some upgrades but are very hard to find right now on the redcat site. The ones they have for the earthquake I have listed on my site and will have them instock in a few days you can check them out at http://www.urchobby.com/products.php...0%2C+3.5+Parts I'm sure redcat will have more upgrades for the earthquake soon, It is a fairly new truck.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:51 PM
smsluck13

Thanks, I like the look of the Stainless Steel parts and Ididn't even know that the wheels were the 12mm and not the 17mm.

If any of the RedCat guys read this, are there aluminum parts coming soon?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 AM
guy4x4

There are lots of upgrades look here at bottom of page this is mine.
http://www.exportpro.biz/accessories...elect=HI904T21
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96149.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1267892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55483.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	1267893  
Old 09-03-2009, 11:54 AM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have hopups available now that are in stock.

You can search them a few ways until the new search is live on the site in a few weeks.

If you have the manual it is very easy. Just go to redcatracing.com and in the top right search box type in the part number.

If you dont have the manual you can see it here: http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1chiq/Earthquake35/

Here is also a direct link to most of them: http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=mpo

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Darin
Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 AM
jasoncollins

ok guys i have this earthquake 3.5 and the stering setrvo is way to slow and weak and it is brand new can i just pop a new better quality one in it is this a standard size for 1/8th scale or what
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Valgath

im still running the factory stearing servo on my EQ 3.5 but have replaced the throttle servo with a futaba s3003 dont know how well that servo will be for stearing but for throttle its good also you can go under my profile and see a little list of what i have done to my EQ . I like to think outside of the box and see what works or try to mod it to make it work like the spoiler mount i put on it.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 AM
Shady9503

im getting the EQ 3.5 soon myself and i love spoilers, part of the reason my first nitro was the tornado and not the volcano :P so im just wondering how you put that mount on it? im really curious and would love to do it to my EQ
Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Valgath

like i said i had to do some modding to the wing mount ie dremel work cut a little here cut a little there on the wing mount and not the shock tower thought i would put that in there but other then that i bolted it to the shock tower . I used the ofna jammin wing mount and ofna high down force wing if that helps you out any.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Capn kanuckles

On ebay right now there is a auction for all the aluminum parts for the earthquake 3.5 in one auction,its currently at $130,just thought i would pass it along to you.