Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tornado BB / What did I just eat up?

Guys, is this a pinion gear? I'm not sure what happened, I only put about 10 to 12 tanks of gas through this buggy, and I set the gear mesh up and used loctite... Anyway, I took pictures of the one that went bad, vs. the one that is perfectly fine. I don't know what part it is, how to get it, and how to replace it... Any tips?

Thanks for any help! I can't wait to get this baby running again. One of my favorites!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tornado BB / What did I just eat up?

that if your 2 speed. the pinions are located on the engine itself on the clutch bell. something must of been off if it chewed it up like that.
    HPI RS4 3 Evo+ 3.0, AE Mini MGT 3.0, OFNA LX One, Kyosho FW-06, Newest edition Tmaxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wonderful... Well, do you know where to buy it, and replace it? I don't know if this is an issue I've seen around with these Tornado's... Ugh, I'm so depressed. My poor baby...

It just came out of no where. One minute I was running it around the street, and the next it just grinded up and wouldn't move... It doesn't seem to want to take off or accelerate.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

let me find the part for u
    HPI RS4 3 Evo+ 3.0, AE Mini MGT 3.0, OFNA LX One, Kyosho FW-06, Newest edition Tmaxx 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is that the tornado s30 or the bb?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if the car is the BB then click this link. http://www.redcatracing.com/s.nl/it....75&searchid=42

scroll down till you see these 2 parts
    47T Spur Gear for 2 speed
    42T Spur Gear for 2 speed

Order those 2 parts. your gonna have to rebuilt it yourself but its easy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh geeze... You sure it's easy? Do you guys know of a tutorial to show how to do this?...

BTW, link doesn't work. But with those part numbers I should be able to find them... Is there any other things that I should look for just in case? I'm kind of curious to know if I replace them, if it will do it again in the short amount of time it took them to be chewed up like that...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you go to redcat or any redcat dealer type in the part numbers and it will pull it up, they are -

06032- 47t
    06033- 42t

Its easy dude, what i do when i havent done it before is just look at it real good till i get a good idea to how to do it. Then put all your screws in seperate piles so you know which goes where. But you should just be able to take the four screws out from under the chassis that holds the tranny on, then pull the tranny out. Then take one of the drive cups out by unscrewing the grub screw that holds it on. Then pull the tranny apart and replace the gears.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

**** sorry. go to www.redcatracing.com and click the link Parts search at the top of the page. then click on Tornado. in the Tornado BB Category Search type in the numbers below

06032- 47t
    06033- 42t

Do you have a manual?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok... Not expensive at all...

I DO have the manual, but it doesn't seem to be of any use on this particular subject.

I'm just looking at how I could possibly get this all out and get it fixed, and it just seems to be confusing... I think I'll just tear everything down around the area, and pull it out. I'll try that in a few seconds.

I also have a Hobby shop about 20 miles away that I goto quite often, and they are mega stocked on Redcat parts. I'll see if they have the gears there, because I remember seeing them on the rack.

Thanks for your help guys! If you have any more input, please don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sure enough, my hobby shop has three of each in stock... I was going to buy them on Redcat's website, but they're the same price at Hobby Town USA, along with every other part... I just can't get my SH .28 drill start backplate from them. *sigh*

I'm going to tear this thing down right now!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: LuD

Sure enough, my hobby shop has three of each in stock... I was going to buy them on Redcat's website, but they're the same price at Hobby Town USA, along with every other part... I just can't get my SH .28 drill start backplate from them. *sigh*

I'm going to tear this thing down right now!
    You may have kicked up a stone or dirt into the gears.
    We have the complete unit assembled here,

http://www.rctoysnh.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2482

Part 06034 and 06041 are the same unit.

You need sh28 back plate for a Tornado BB ? Unless you swapped the motor it is 16 or 18 ?
    Always Best prices and Cheap S/H at RCToysNH, NHwoods, ToystoreNH, VP Ent. Inc.
    RedCat Traxxas DuraTrax AE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Haha, no no no! I need it for my Hurricane XTR! I'm sick of pulling on a darn pullstart... One reason why I want my Tornado BB back together! It's so much more fun, and so much easier when you just stick it in there, and BBBBRRRRRTTTTT!!!

I actually have the whole thing taken apart... Just got confused where all the small pieces went... But I think I got it. What a PITA, that's for sure. Hopefully I can make it over to the hobby shop tonight and pick up the two gears, and see if I can manage to get it all back together and actually WORK. I don't feel like waiting to have this thing up and running!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can you help me

i have just broke in my tornado bb  and during the break in process the car went out of my control.
       i have previously read about the pull start t handle being in the way but i removed it and it still went out of my control.
    i have not found any radio interference and tryed everthing i have put freshly charged batteries in it and it sill does it every once in a while.   the car is sort of figity all the time till i move somthing or turn it off and back on. i have learned that if you put the intenna on the radio half way out it works better.         pleeeeeesse can you help????????

i have some experience with these isues but this is out of my zone   much help would be appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hochhalterz

can you help me

i have just broke in my tornado bbΒ* and during the break in process the car went out of my control.
    Β*Β* i have previously read about the pull start t handle being in the way but i removed it and it still went out of my control.
    i have not found any radio interference and tryed everthing i have put freshly charged batteries in it and it sill does it every once in a while.Β*Β* the car is sort of figity all the time till i move somthing or turn it off and back on. i have learned that if you put the intenna on the radio half way out it works better.Β*Β*Β*Β*Β*Β*Β*Β* pleeeeeesse can you help????????

i have some experience with these isues but this is out of my zoneΒ*Β* much help would be appreciated.
    Take a look and make sure you do not have the antenna or battery wires crossing or wrapped around your servo wires. Make them neat, I have have seen a few times when people put the AA pack in the car they just stuff it back in and it can glitch like mad.
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

and make sure your battiers are good and put a rubberband or battery velcro around them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ummm ok, back to the topic!

I went down to the hobby shop, picked up the spur gears, and also just bought a new tranny just incase! I have a feeling mine will get screwed again... It doesn't line up as nicely as my other Tornado...

Here's a few pics.

Taking this thing apart and putting it back together isn't something I want to do again... If it doesn't work, then I'll just ditch it for the new one. I was going to try and run it today, but it just kept raining, and it's too wet out! Oh well... Tomorrow!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just make sure you set the gear mesh correctly. i would personaly do it by eye and not by the paper trick just to be safe. got a video cam so we can see a video of it running when your done?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sure, I'll see if my girl will do some video work for me.

The problem with this buggy, is that you can't see the mesh of the gears at all... It's just impossible. I don't know of any other way of seeing it. I took the motor out, and tried my best to get it back in where it should be... There's no telling what will happen.

I'll go take a video in a few minutes! Just not sure how to post it...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you have to upload it to youtube then post the direct link here. you can always do it by feel get it as close together as you can and slowly back it off alittle and see if its a nice smooth motion.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks                      

i have tryed it and it has worked so far.        also i have noticed with the car not running that if you put the intenna all the way down it has little to no control from four feet away but if i put the intenna half way up it works fine. and if i put the intenna all the way out it does the same thing just not as bad i can get about 30 feet away.    

also      i am confused a little bit also because my tornado bb is advertised with a perple headed vertec .18 engine and  the one i got has a blue sh .18 engine in it is there any difference between these. also the shocks are blue aluminum bodied with black springs not yellow, and i have a chrome aluminum exhaust on it and not the plastic one they advertised. i am just cerious what is the difference between the tornado bb and the tornado xl or xp im confused on them all 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the SH is alot better then the vertec.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks         is there any reason that they put the sh on instead of the vertec i have noticed that this tornado bb is killer fast and i have had no compotition at the races with my other one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

from what ive heard is before they were shipping with the vertec engines but decided to upgrade the cars alittle bit. thats what ive heard. i do know that the SH engines are alot more reliable

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok thanks          yes i have realized that the sh .18 is a lot more powerful and reliable than my other vertec .18 

thanks for the info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast