Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

How do I get the front dog bones in?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

How do I get the front dog bones in?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 AM
dakotanut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get the front dog bones in?

I got my dog bones that came out. I'm having a real hard time getting them in. Is there something I need to remove or something? I got some fuel line to put into the cups.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:04 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: How do I get the front dog bones in?

What car is it. There's different way to take off different part on different cars. If it's one of the 1/10th scales just take the screw out of the upper control arm and fold the wheel back, then stick the dog bone back in and fold the wheel back up and put the screw back in the upper control arm.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
dakotanut

OH! Sorry about that. It is the Volcano S30 I think. Well it has to be. It is the VX .18 motor. I was told to put some fuel line in the cups to keep them in. I'm not sure how much to use though.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:19 AM
jeztur2003
My Feedback: (1)

on the volcano you need to use a 2.5 hex to loosen the ball pivot screws on the upper and lower a-arm. Loosen both equally in other words don't do one all the way and then the other that's a good way to strip the holes in your a-arms. If you line it up right you don't even need to take the tire off to do this just compress the shocks a little so the a-arms are level with your work surface. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36370.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1282552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61568.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1282553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13517.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	1282554  
Old 09-26-2009, 11:21 AM
dakotanut

I removed the lower arms and put them like that. I tried to remove those allen caps but it didn't work. So I just removed the arm. I put some fuel line in with them and raced a little bit last night and so far so good. Got it all tuned up and ready. It is fast. I kept up and caught a race truggy. It is either a LOSI, O'donnell, OFNA, or one of those. He was coming out of a corner and I was just starting. I was shocked. I may just buy the SH engine for it. I wanted to try the Revo with the 3.3 engine. Never could get him on the track. I removed 1 of the front shocks and put all 4 on the back. It is better. Is there any way to upgrade the brake so it stops sooner and better.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:07 PM
chevyderek72

Tighten your plactic screw that pulls your brakes. that will make it stop faster.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:54 PM
jeztur2003
My Feedback: (1)

Let me save you the trouble of a revo they just can't hang with truggies. Look at all the hop ups I did to mine it makes me sick to think of how much all that cost me. If you are thinking about racing you should look into the Redcat Pro Series 1/8 scale the monsoon is nice. You know my site. Here is a few pics of my Revo yeah it looks nice but man every time I ran it something broke I spent more time wrenching on it than having fun. The problem you will have with the brakes on the Volcano is they are not front and rear brakes if you want to race you need to be able to adjust these independently and on most tracks you would want more on the rear end so it will slide in and out of corners.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46971.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	1282989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96569.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	1282990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51526.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1282991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48136.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	1282992  
Old 09-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Mickstix

That's still a sweet lookin Revo!! I really like the air holes in the windshield, instead of just one big hole.. Wish Id done my buggy like that. Might keep bigger pieces of debris from gettin in there.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
dakotanut

Yes that is a nice Revo. I fired it up today. Seems slower today for some reason. I have to post about another broken part. This is getting old.