Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano S30

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
delorean123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano S30

Afternoon all.....I just purchased a new Volcano S30 and before it arrives I have a couple of questions...
First...How would you compare this truck to a Tamiya TNX 5.2R (BigBlock)...as for speed and durability..??
Second....Why is Redcat being bashed all over the internet..??..Is there something I should know..??
Third....Should I pre order a spur gear now..??..I hear horror stories involving this truck eating the spur gear..??
Now on my Tamiya..I know that it eats clutch's...So I now stock those items...
I pre ordered a new clutch and new body posts with the Volcano....(Just in case)...But I was told from the retailer that these trucks almost never go through clutch's....Is this a true statement..??..
My nitro trucks have never been raced or abused,,,They usually run at the local ball diamond...(No jumps or anything crazy at all)..Just tear up the field,,(All groomed lawn)...I'm not in the hobby to race or compete...Just to have fun...I really hope all the negative reviews are incorrect on this truck...
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated...
Cheers
Jamie
Old 09-29-2009, 09:36 AM
dakotanut

Default RE: Volcano S30

I haven't heard anything about them burning up clutches. Body posts yes. I broke a couple my self this past Friday. No biggie. They are very long on the Volcano. So I just moved them down and put the screw back in them. I guess they are jealous of the Redcat stuff. As with anything, they all have their pros and cons. Some more than others. If you aren't gonna race it then you should be fine. Just break in the engine per the instructions on here. There are some links under the Redcat Racing forums. They are videos and really are pretty good. He does a pretty good job of going through everything. Make sure the HSN is 2.5 turns out and the LSN is 2 3/4 turns out or even with the collar. Idle you will have to adjust. I bent the chassis on mine but that was my fault. Shocks will need to be upgraded. I've heard the Traxxas T Maxx shocks are good. You will need some longer screws and some sleeves for them. The good thing is you only need 4. You may want to get the aluminum bell crank also. Just a suggestion. Don't run into any parking curbs. Other than that, it is a good vehicle. OH. Put some fuel line in the front dog bone cups. IN and out. I hope this helps.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:11 AM
delorean123

Default RE: Volcano S30

Thanks so much..Very informative,,,,
Cheers