Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Postage !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
zippo474

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Postage !!!!

Here's The low down. I am new to the Rc nitro world and filling like i am learning a lesson. After i spent 200.00 on a redcat volcano s30 and was waiting on it to arive. i went to a locale Rc shop that i had never ben to befor and wish i would of went befor my purches of the volcano.
This Rc shop holds indoor races every sunday and the staff is very nalagabile. The owner told me that i sould send the redcat back not to even open it and for me to look at diffrent options. But me being excitied about my truck didnt take his advice. my red cat has so far ben a good one starts well runs fast great!! But i also understand the nature of the hobby and know that little parts are going to break. Ok this is not my problem with redcat my problem is and like my local hobby dealer told me if you need parts "good Luck" Now i Know Ive had my redcat for three days my brakes quite working im pretty sure why they arent but i need parts "no big deal" RIGHT! the parts i need cost 3.99 the shipping is 9.00 that is stupid and agrvating. Ive also tried to emial the support team 5 times today and can get an email to go threw to them. Now im starting to get mad. The parts i need cant wiegh no more than a few oz's that could be shipped standard mail with a 44cent postage stamp. Help!!!!
If you are looking to buy a red cat make sure ther is a vendor ner you.
Is there a vendor ner me ? Indy
Old 10-08-2009, 05:02 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Postage !!!!

What you should do is order some spare parts, ya if you order one part shiipping is gonna get you but order as much spares as you cna afford, and when you break something you will have them. Whats wrong with your breaks?
Old 10-08-2009, 05:52 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: zippo474

Here's The low down. I am new to the Rc nitro world and filling like i am learning a lesson. After i spent 200.00 on a redcat volcano s30 and was waiting on it to arive. i went to a locale Rc shop that i had never ben to befor and wish i would of went befor my purches of the volcano.
This Rc shop holds indoor races every sunday and the staff is very nalagabile. The owner told me that i sould send the redcat back not to even open it and for me to look at diffrent options. But me being excitied about my truck didnt take his advice. my red cat has so far ben a good one starts well runs fast great!! But i also understand the nature of the hobby and know that little parts are going to break. Ok this is not my problem with redcat my problem is and like my local hobby dealer told me if you need parts ''good Luck'' Now i Know Ive had my redcat for three days my brakes quite working im pretty sure why they arent but i need parts ''no big deal'' RIGHT! the parts i need cost 3.99 the shipping is 9.00 that is stupid and agrvating. Ive also tried to emial the support team 5 times today and can get an email to go threw to them. Now im starting to get mad. The parts i need cant wiegh no more than a few oz's that could be shipped standard mail with a 44cent postage stamp. Help!!!!
If you are looking to buy a red cat make sure ther is a vendor ner you.
Is there a vendor ner me ? Indy
What is wrong with your brakes ?

Usually it is just an adjustment.

What parts do you think you need ?

Who did you email ?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
zippo474

they just quite working . and was wondering if the brake pad is supose to be atached to the drive shaft because when the driveshaft spins the pad dosent everything seems to be working tho
Old 10-08-2009, 08:13 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

The brake disk is mounted on the drive cup. It has two flat spot that lock it to the drive cup. So if you are turning the wheels and the fiber disk does not move but the cup and dog bone are moving it means it has rounded out the fiber disk and you need a new disk. The replacement brake kit is redcat part number 02044 It comes with 2 brake disks, 4 pads and 4 screws.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can check this video to make sure your brakes are adjusted correctly.

http://s.mcstatic.com/Flash/vp/mc/Em...gAllowed=true&

Darin
Old 10-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Mickstix

Make sure the setscrew on the drive"cup" (nearest thebrake disk)is tight.. But yea, the main setback onRedcat is gonna be thatLHS'smost likely wont have replacement parts.. Although, for somehting like a brake disk, ya might be able to find an HPI or similar equivalent?? I know they (HPI) have some Spur gears for the2 speed tranny,2 speedClutch bell/Pinion, clutchshoes/springs, ect. that'll fit someRedcat vehices..On the plus side, you can get a decent rc vehiclefor a great price, and find out if you really want to run that particular "class" of vehicle.. Do a search on your car (here in the redcat forum) and you'll be able to come up with a list of replacement parts you should have on hand, and be able to make an order and notget beat up too bad on the s&h charges..
Old 10-09-2009, 07:34 AM
zippo474

thanks to everone that has replyed you have all ben most helpful.
so on to the next item lol o by the way i got the breaks fixed.
does anyone know if they sell a two speed tranny for the volcano?
and what would be some recamended hop ups for the volcano?
one more how many runs does the avrage engine last for?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: zippo474

thanks to everone that has replyed you have all ben most helpful.
so on to the next item lol o by the way i got the breaks fixed.
does anyone know if they sell a two speed tranny for the volcano?
and what would be some recamended hop ups for the volcano?
one more how many runs does the avrage engine last for?
For off road or dirt you are better off with the single speed setup on your s30 truck. Better low end and torque. As for engine longevity, we have several SV's ,used as driver training / practice trucks, here from 2006 that still run fine w/o any major service.
the key is to keep it clean and always set piston at BDC when cooling.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
zippo474

thanks agin big help being new to all this ive had alot of ?'s and so far this site has helped answer most of them
Old 10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
delorean123

I too just purchased a Volcano S30 last week....and besides having a faulty steering servo...It runs like a top...and fast too....I just ordered upgraded shocks...upgraded air filter...blue fuel filter...Upgraded steel spur gear...High speed steering servo....and a set of brakes..(Just in case)......I think you'll enjoy this truck...Takes a bit to tune properly and to set gear mesh..but other than that...It flies..!!!
Enjoy it bud...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:41 PM
chevyderek72

Ya they are great trucks, i still have my volcano stx, from dec 07. First hobby rc, and its still live and kickin, hard haha. I put the sh .18 on it, redcat header and pipe, hpi geolander tires, cant remember the rims but they have tons of offset, widening it a lot. High flow air filter, and im about to put some 1/8th scale pro series shocks on it.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:08 AM
zippo474

My engine stalls at topend is this normal? i tried adjusting the hsn but then the truck wont idle and im still getting a lot of feul coming out the exhaust has good exceloration and power other than the topend stall

Old 10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
chevyderek72

If its cuttin out at full throttle and high rpm your hsn is lean. Its not getting enough fuel and dying. Try richening it an sixteenth or eighth of a turn
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
lvh

yea what chevyderek said it's to lean on hsn. HSN has nothing to do with idle. But if it's loading up and spiting fuel out at idle your lsn may be to rich get that set do the fuel line pinch test to set lsn and then set your idle