Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Avalanche xp clutch bell question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 PM
blackyz250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avalanche xp clutch bell question

I have the avalanche xp and I was replacing the clutch and upgrading the clutch bell to a 12t and alum shoes. My question is when I tighten the hex screw the bell tighten up as well. I try to shim it still luck. Can you help me out? Also. is this the right type of clutdh be?
Thx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41096.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1292184  
Old 10-11-2009, 05:53 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Avalanche xp clutch bell question

Ive had that happen on my earthquake, i switched to a different motor, and i think the shaft was a tad shorter cause when i would tighten it, it would tighten the clutch bell too. But i ened up swappin flywheels from my hurricane and it worked. Because there are two different flywheels, one is thinner and the other thicker. The clutch shoes might be too big or something.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:04 PM
blackyz250

hey bro hat was it! I put a different flywheel and it worked. Thx... Now for some reason now when I giveit somethrottle and it hesitates you wouldn't happen to know what could be going on would you? thanks for the info bro!!

ORIGINAL: chevyderek72

Ive had that happen on my earthquake, i switched to a different motor, and i think the shaft was a tad shorter cause when i would tighten it, it would tighten the clutch bell too. But i ened up swappin flywheels from my hurricane and it worked. Because there are two different flywheels, one is thinner and the other thicker. The clutch shoes might be too big or something.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
chevyderek72

Hey no problem man glad i could help. I was going crazy wondering why it was doing that haha. Try tuning your low speed needle. Set it at factory which is i think 2.5 or 3 turns out from all the way in, and then lean it out in small increments till you get a quick accel with no hesitation.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 PM
blackyz250

LOL.... U me too LOL... I check it out tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thx again man,

Hey no problem man glad i could help. I was going crazy wondering why it was doing that haha. Try tuning your low speed needle. Set it at factory which is i think 2.5 or 3 turns out from all the way in, and then lean it out in small increments till you get a quick accel with no hesitation.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:30 PM
chevyderek72

Hey no problem, thats what im here for
Old 10-12-2009, 12:05 AM
blackyz250

Glad to hear that bro....

Hey no problem, thats what im here for