Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are redact and exceed interchaneable

Ive been looking at 1 10 electic buggies. I like the exceed and the redcat. I can get either bl and they are both close in price. I havent seen any threads here about the tornado, I wonder why? It looks like a real good buggy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Are redact and exceed interchaneable

ORIGINAL: luvdisstuff

Ive been looking at 1 10 electic buggies. I like the exceed and the redcat. I can get either bl and they are both close in price. I havent seen any threads here about the tornado, I wonder why? It looks like a real good buggy.
    What ever you buy go brush less for electric buggys. Parts are available for both but Redcat are easier to get.

Always Best prices and Cheap S/H at RCToysNH, NHwoods, ToystoreNH, VP Ent. Inc.
    RedCat Traxxas DuraTrax AE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

some of the older models are very simular....most if not all parts would interchange....not so sure thats the case anymore.....I think exceed, redcat and even himoto are starting to offer different rc's then the other.....

I will say this..if your choosing between exceed and redcat I would diff go with redcat....I think redcats quality control, material quality and set-up is better then exceed....and its plain odvious that redcat has better support then exceed...but thats just my opinion
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been selling Redcat parts to a guy with an exceed(nitro tornado parts) and most are a direct fit but like the above post i would go with Redcat cause he says it's hard to find parts from exceed!
    Dealer for... Redcat Racing, Global hobby,HPI,XTM, Traxxas, and more lebanon valley hobbies

Many are drawn to excced because of the price...I know I was, but customer service after the sale is curcial! The exceed forum is dwindeling and many come over to redcat to post their questions. Not bashing exceed, just mentioning the "issues" many have had in the past. Remember I own an exceed and even posted a question of why the prices were different when the part was the same...even the part number. One responded in short that availability of the parts, marketing, blah, blah, blah (stuff that was over my head) were some of the reasons stated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an exceed 1 16 truggy. It really is not a bad rig. The electonics are not the best but what do you really expect for the price. I have a few 1 16 & 1 18 rigs and a midnight pumpkin which is in need of some glitch fixing.I was just thinking og trying an inexpensive electric 1 10 before i spend real money on a Stampede. The exceed and the redcat bl 1 10 buggies both seem similar. I did notice that the exceed threads and support forums seem a little thin. Some guy named Andy seems to be pretty resposive i think hes from nitrorcx. I think Im going to give redcat atry. The brushless tornado is a good deal at rufaster. Thanks for the great input.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rjsdad

Many are drawn to excced because of the price...I know I was, but customer service after the sale is curcial! The exceed forum is dwindeling and many come over to redcat to post their questions. Not bashing exceed, just mentioning the ''issues'' many have had in the past. Remember I own an exceed and even posted a question of why the prices were different when the part was the same...even the part number. One responded in short that availability of the parts, marketing, blah, blah, blah (stuff that was over my head) were some of the reasons stated.

alot of the models exceed, redcat and himoto are all produced by the same company...like I stated before the older models parts were all pretty much direct fit between the 3 usually the same part # even...but lately they have been offering different models....price difference is pretty much of quality of material and quality control.....for instance some of the older exceed models (1/10th buggy for one) had plastic gears...to were the others had metal....this will give you an idea what I'm saying.....

to me its sad to see the exceed forum going down hill (it appears that way anyway)....I'm sure people are still purchasing exceeds, I try to go in there and help em out when I can...
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have to agree with going with the redcats quality is the samea s the 1/10s but when you go up to there 1/8s just like the exceds there quality is better however stay away from the razor / sandstorm its made by hsp and a bit soft you can race it just dont bash it or it will break , exceeds forums are still going there a bit newer then most forums and yes andy works for nitro rcx but as in terms of parts support redcats have the most and they also have the upgrades but they cost alot more , but now that both redcat and exceed have there own 1/8s exceed mad fire mad warrior mad storm ,redcat has there backdraft and a couple others i forget that they as a company built there finally breaking away from the crappy product status , there 1/10s are ok i have one and converted it into the truck and its ok

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

umm...depending on the track, racing is harder on the rc then bashing...also depends on how hard core you bash...also true that the razor and sandstorm (much different buggies) are hsp products....not sure were you get your info but most of the exceed, redcat and himotos are hsp....now some automaticly think this is bad...but hsp does not only make rc's for themselves, redcat, exceed, himoto and some others (yes there is more)...but they also produce parts for other rc's...some of the big boys actually....they build to spec...so it depends on how good of material you want...

looks to me like redcat has been getting more hands on and coming up with some their own stuff (and I bet its made by hsp..lol) at first I thought their new buggy (hurricane xtr) was a mirror image of my rxb-1...like the torpeda and hurricanes were (razor too mater of fact..I have 2 of these era buggies by the way).... after seeing the pbs front suspension I suspected re-badged buggy,but not the case...they are different....not sure if anything other then standard 1/8th buggy parts would interchange....actually hoping Derek will get one so we can further compare..lol...I got some parts I want to send him to see if they fit....anyways it looks like a nice buggy,...I think Darin did a good job..

my hope for the redcat runners is Darin has them some billit upgrades coming....these are way more nicer then the hurricane xp upgrades....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Caster racing just rleased a 1 18 bl truggy for about 135.00 I dont own one but people that do really think they are a great value, I was wondering why some 1 18 and 1 16 cost as much as or more than 1 10. Why is that?

Exceeds forum is still there, but I rmemeber when you would see different posts all of the time! I check out the forums several times a day and can assure you that people are not posting as they used to. Andy is a big help and I remember when he had more time to answer the same questions over and over again. LOL! I'm saying that the exceed forum is not what is used to be. You still see now posts on redcat forum, but exceed is not as frequent as it used to be.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have an Exceed Infinity and my parts were all ordered from Ed at sohoUniverse(Himoto Racing)and some Redcat dealers. I even rock a Himoto sticker on my truck.I had serious problems with Exceed's customer service( they tried).But thats neither here nor there.My parts are the same as there Viper(Himoto) or the Volcanoe(Redcat) My truck has been basically rebuilt with all Redcat and Himoto parts, the O.S engine does'nt count though.Imo I'd rather just deal with Redcat and Himoto racing.They really are there to help with pretty much any problem or ? about there products.Hell..They help me with my Exceed wherein others have failed.So to answer the origainal question..It depends on what you got..but most of the parts do match up.All my problems as a beginner were answered at the Redcat or Himoto forums.I still check out Exceed, but It's easier to just come here.These cats that run Redcat and Himoto really know there stuff.I thank all those who helped in my rookie year.Im looking forward to coming back now since I took a few months off cause of lack of funding..lol..Even got the $ to buy a new truck now. I like the Corr truck at the SohoUniverse site and really do want it and I still love my little 1/10th mutt.Thanks all you guys here at the Redcat forum..Thanks for helping a newbie move up to the next level of a wonderful and fulfilling escape from the real world and the wife..lol..Good luck to all! Keith(Indarican)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

we all started at some point Keith...its a great hobby...and some people get to caught up in name brands....I feel if you have the answer to someones question you should help them out regardless what they own....to many times people get critisized about what they got...to latethey done have it...help them out and move on...