Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Whats everyone been runnin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:44 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats everyone been runnin?

Man the forum has been dead the past day or two. But whats everyone been running, for a while ive only run my electrics since my nitros have been needing things, like my volcano needed shocks, and i wasnt sure what i wanted to do with the hurricane that needed a fuel tank. But now im ready to break in the volcano and hurricane with new motor. I was thinking of sellin my hurricane xp and gettin the xtr, but i picked up a exceed 1/8 buggy that has some parts taken off it, and figured now i have a bunch of spares. Only thing taken off was some wing mount parts, wing, wheels, motor, electronics, fuel tank, and a few rear suspension peices. Plus my earthquake (not sure if i wanna sell it or keep it still) uses the same parts so i can share spares. Havent had my nitro fix in too long. So im excited to run them again. Hopefully gonna break them in soon, been busy with workin [:@]

But what have you guys been runnin?
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Whats everyone been runnin?

I havent ran since the last race..like 3 weeks......tracks closed and being totally reworked...spun a clutch bearing on my buggy in the main and couldnt get the freakin screw out...hoping to race indoors in Enid Ok. some this winter but not sure if I can as one of my co-workers lost his job today....so I doubt I'll be able to take off work early enuff to make the drive in time...plus I'll have to work the next day...would be like 3am or later by the time I get back home...so winter racing is on hold right now....

on a brighter note....if you need some parts for your hurricane Derek let me know...I prolly have more parts then some dealers that will fit your buggy....if your gonna race that bad boy and want a spare let me know also...I havent ran them 2 buggies since I got my new one...so they just collecting dust...lol
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 AM
chevyderek72

Man that sucks about your racing, its nice cause we can race year round, Its just hot in the summer haha. And my track is only like 15 minutes away, which is nice. Sucks so bad you live so far away from the tracks, but its worth it haha. Those damn screws, then you get home, and it comes right off, thats how it goes sometimes though.

Man i might just have to take you up on that deal, either when i work up some extra money or when i break. I havent driven the cane on the track, but i havent broke anything from bashing other than a mud gaurd. Nothing really around me to get some good carnage like jumps, but i only got a gallon through it so far.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:13 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just let me know
Old 11-05-2009, 03:31 AM
chevyderek72

Cool thanks man i appreciate it.

And come on everyone, what have you been runnin?!?!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
BigDave09

i've been running my Traxxas stampede tornado bb from redcat and also the rampage mt can't wait for winter to come so i can see what this rampage will do
Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 PM
chevyderek72

Nice, i want one of the rampages so bad. But i cant afford it right now, i mean in the long run they are cheaper cause the price of gas, but its that initial cost. Ill have to start puttin money away to get one eventually. how do you like it though?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:52 PM
BigDave09

there awesome i love the siere size and power of it
Old 11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
lvh

thats what i been running my RAMPAGE TT and it is sweet ya got to get one man they say once you go gas you never look back and i am startin to belive that this thing rocks!! haven't picked up my nitros since i got it
Old 11-07-2009, 09:00 AM
BigDave09

i still pick up my nitros 2 do insane **** with cause these 1/5 aint doing it guess it depends on the Rcest
Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 AM
lvh

I am sure i will, dave your right about that ,but for now it's brrrraaaappppp (sounds like a dirtbike with a pipe on it)
Old 11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
chevyderek72

Ya its deffinitely not as fast as my hurricane, but its different. Plus its a big bonus just to start it with a pull and forget about it. Versus all the stuff included with nitro.