Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Rampage Dunerunner tire options

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
andys60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rampage Dunerunner tire options

[sm=confused.gif] I'm looking to upgrade the tires on my Dunerunner. Does anyone know for sure if the Baja 5B sized tires will fit the stock wheels. I think they will from looking at the measurements but I'd like a few experienced opinoins before I start buying tires. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Rampage Dunerunner tire options

Hey how do you like your dune runner? Is it the 2wd or 4wd one? Im savin up for a 1/5 and im lookin at either one of the rampages, or the 4wd dune runner.

There arent many 1/5 guys on here, but here- http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/index.php - there should be some guys who know. One of them is a dealer who sells them and i think has some bajas so he might be able to tell you. Im actually interested cause if i got the dune runner 4wd i'd wanna get some tires that grab better in the front cause ive only seen them with lines that go with the sand, not against it for traction.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 PM
andys60

[sm=thumbs_up.gif] Its awesome. I bought a 2wd roller and built it up myself. 27cc Chung Yang engine Redcat pipe DDM velocity stack and filter. 93 octain 32:1 fuel. It rips and it's tough as nails.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
chevyderek72

Nice, everything working great? Gears and stuff? Break anything or replace anything? And what servos you using?

Sorry for all the questions but i know a lot about nitro, but im just starting with gas. Ive read most of the pages already from the general discussion on that forum.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 AM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: andys60

[sm=confused.gif] I'm looking to upgrade the tires on my Dunerunner. Does anyone know for sure if the Baja 5B sized tires will fit the stock wheels. I think they will from looking at the measurements but I'd like a few experienced opinoins before I start buying tires. Thanks in advance for your help.
Just switch to the HPI 5B hubs and use the Rims & Tires from the 5B you will have an unlimited selection of tires and rims to chose from that way. That's what most people are doing.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:22 PM
andys60

Blue Bird BMS-L530MG steering servo (348 oz of torque). Hitec HS945MG throttle/brake servo. I'm on the second set of plastic gears with metal ones on the way. The first set looked like they melted, but I did find a bad bearing in the trans so that probably contributed to the failure since it was only the 3rd tank of fuel. Its a great buggy and seems very durable.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
chevyderek72

Ya i ended up buying it from kurt (urc), im super excited. How is the handling on it? Does it wanna spin out a lot, like do you have to play with the throttle to take the lines you want? Cause im used to just slammin the throttle and going.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:27 PM
andys60

It does take some getting used to. It is prone to spinning out but that can be controlled with the throttle. I've had to adapt my driving style but man its fun as hell to drive this thing. This is my first 1/5 scale and I'm hooked. I may be done with the smaller stuff. (Well at least for a while). [sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 12-05-2009, 11:25 PM
andys60

Well I answerd my own question today. 5B tires will not fit the Dunerunner wheels. The 5B tires have two different inner diameters. The outer is smaller than the inner. Oh well I've got a nice set of Badlands to put on some 5B wheels that I'll have to mount to 5B hubs then I can use them on my Dunerunner.[&o]
Old 12-06-2009, 10:28 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

just go to fleabay and get some hpi baja rear hubs and get 2 pairs ..just what urc said on the post above..
im saving up for my 2nd redcat im lookin at the dunerunner 4wd..and i might pay u********* a visit someday..
Old 12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
chevyderek72

JUST GOT THE DUNERUNNER, SICK!!! So big, now i gotta get all the parts to complete it.