Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 06:44 PM
gomesito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster truck

I am very interested in getting a Monster Truck and have noticed that the trucks get a lot of complaints for durability. I am considering getting a used t-maxx or a new redcat monster truck. I want something that is durable so that I can go in the yard with the kids and bash around. Should I wait until a lot of the truck problems are settled? Kind of new to the nitro but don't want to dump a lot of money into replacement parts just because I jumped a ramp or curb.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:15 PM
chopper22980

Default RE: Monster truck

Hey guy,this is just my opinion about the redcat trucks.I have two of them and have had nothing but problems with them.Ive had to buy so many parts for mine.As a matter of fact i'm waiting for parts now.I'm not knocking the redcat trucks in a bad way.I do have alot of fun with mine when I can keep it going.The biggest problem ive had with them is the clutch spring breaking.I'm on my fifth one now.Maybe your best bet is getting one of the buggies.I think they hold up very well.I have a speedy tiger1/10 scale from smartech.So far ive only had to replace one little bevel gear.I bang the crap out of it.I'm going to purchase one of the redcat buggies in the near future,I hear they are pretty good.This is just my opinion,take it with a grain of salt.I wish you the best in your choice.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:23 PM
livindead

yeah go with the t-maxx if for nothing othe than avable parts....almost every lhs has t-maxx parts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94429.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	416334  
Old 03-03-2006, 09:21 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have had the volcano truck for a few weeks and i have had no problems with it. i think alot depend on how you drive, the temprature etc. i paid under 200 for mine and it is a good investment. i have several other cars and trucks including the redcat tornado xp buggy(just got it today). i slammed into a curb pretty hard with the truck and nothing really happened except i bent the dogbone a little, straightned it out and works fine(lucky). The only problem i see is parts and redcats customer service(the company direct not some dealers) they dont email or call you. With my traxxas jato i can get parts right at the lhs. but if you try not to jump cars, a tree or a house i am sure that the redcat vehicles and worth it.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 AM
crooklynbk

I just picked up a redcat ground pounder. I'm a noob to all this so I wanted to get something scaled down but realistic and not to spend a whole lot. So the ground pounder fit the bill. Good speed and handling its perfect for a user like me who wants to get a good piece for the money and have a blast like the rest of em. This is my custom ground pounder. For under $400, this is including mods and graphix you can have what your looking for.Again, I'm a noob with this but if I was able to do it, so can anyone else. Hope this helps, Regards