Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Dune Runner 4x4

Baja SC / Redcat Rampage MT / FG Marder(XTM) / Xaircraft X450Pro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: My Dune Runner 4x4

Right before it got dirty ;-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like it! I wish Santa would bring me one.

Nice!! Did ya remove the shocks off the 5B, or do they not have independant front suspension on those?
    Mick Nesevitch

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mickstix

Nice!! Did ya remove the shocks off the 5B, or do they not have independant front suspension on those?
    The baja was in the middle of a front end rebuild...the shocks weren't installed yet.

Hey, is the baja (not the Dunerunner) a KM? Just noticed some parts that are black. If so how is it holding up?
    ZielkeRacing ~ Custom Painted RC Bodies
    Paint, it does a body good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It's a KM but I messed around and ran into a pole that jumped in front of it...it was doing just fine when I was bashing it all over the place...it just didn't do well with the metal pole! I replaced the whole front end with RPM arms and stock HPI parts. My KM is now 60% HPI now due to my loose driving skills, LOL!

You have some serious $$ sittin there!! I'd be affraid of those poles jumpin out in front of me too!!   I never had noticed that the drive shaft sits at an angle? Does the HPI 4x4 have it like that as well?? Seems like it'd cause binding problems? (But I guess not, since there no real movement (up.down.side-side) in that area..) It amazing all the little linkages and neat engineering that goes into these cars and parts.. Im surprised they can sell em for as little as they do actually.. Oh well, couple of nice rides ya got there!!  Enjoy!!
    Mick Nesevitch

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

It's a KM but I messed around and ran into a pole that jumped in front of it...it was doing just fine when I was bashing it all over the place...it just didn't do well with the metal pole! I replaced the whole front end with RPM arms and stock HPI parts. My KM is now 60% HPI now due to my loose driving skills, LOL!
    Ya, poles dont move. Haha I sure did find that out the hard was with a large scale car. The smaller ones will tend to give. Anyway nice looking buggies bud! Keep us informed on the dunerunner.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You have some serious $$ sittin there!! I'd be affraid of those poles jumpin out in front of me too!! I never had noticed that the drive shaft sits at an angle? Does the HPI 4x4have it like that as well?? Seems like it'd cause binding problems? (But I guess not, since there no real movement (up.down.side-side) in that area..) It amazing all the little linkages and neat engineering that goes into these cars and parts.. Im surprised they can sellem for as little as they do actually.. Oh well,couple of nice rides ya got there!!Enjoy!!
    First, the Dune Runner is the 4x4. HPI has no 5th scale 4x4 at this point (main reason I bought the Rampage) The 4x4 doesn't bind at all, it is well thought out and is a totally different chassis than the Baja. The engine is offset because of the gearing assembly and therefore the driveline connection to the front wheels is offset also but it works perfectly. It is a little noisier than the Baja because of all the gearing but not that I put a SS pipe on, it is not noticeable anymore. I got a feeling I will spend a lot less on upgrades on the Dune Runner because the parts are cheaper and and actually less pieces to worry about going bad. I should have some video up tonight from my run yesterday.

Cool! Vid would be awesome. Would like to see one run with a pipe and not stock.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, I have video of it running stock and the SS pipe. Big difference!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's some footage from yesterday...I need to put the 8,000rpm clutch in and tweak the carb a little more...

Cool vid!! That thing sounds good!! Do the "tuned" pipes make a big difference over stock? You can hear it askin for that stall clutch at take off!! Once ya put the 8k stall in there it's gonna be sick!! Now all ya need is a camera man to follow the action!! (We dont ask for much do we??) And be carefull with that thing!! You were flirtin with that "chassis adjuster" out in the field!! (hint: it was white & blue) heheehe..
    Mick Nesevitch

Lol mick you crack me up.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool vid!! That thing sounds good!! Do the "tuned" pipes make a big difference over stock? You can hear it askin for that stall clutch at take off!! Once ya put the 8k stall in there it's gonna be sick!! Now all ya need is a camera man to follow the action!!(We dont ask for much do we??) And be carefull with that thing!! You were flirtin with that "chassis adjuster" out in the field!! (hint: it was white & blue) heheehe..
    Yeah, I saw it...I like flirting with disaster, LOL!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice vid!!With that snow on the ground, I'd of built a ramp that would get me in trouble!!
    Mick Nesevitch

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hello everyone.
    i just got my red cat dunerunner.
    i just have a couple questions i cant find the answer to any where i look . in the box car came out of there was a bag of gears are thay replacement gears or are thay a better gearing for the car anyone that could help me with this i would greatly appreate any help

thank bryan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bg2510

hello everyone.
    i just got my red cat dunerunner.
    i just have a couple questions i cant find the answer to any where i look . in the box car came out of there was a bag of gears are thay replacement gears or are thay a better gearing for the car anyone that could help me with this i would greatly appreate any help

thank bryan
    I'm not sure but I think they are optional gears to change the ratio. Check your current gears and then refer to this chart;

Hope that helps...BTW, I haven't changed mine yet and it seems to be a good setup out of the box but I have the steel replacements sitting on the shelf when I burn these out.
    peace
    b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd upgrade to the metal gears that are now available. One of the first things I did to my Rampage TT was convert to HPI Baja's wheel hubs so I could use baja wheels and tires. Easy upgrade brings in a wide variety of tires and wheels you can finally use.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks guys this will help me out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I have my Dune Runner apart for some maintenance and guess what i found out...the gearing is not what I thought it was...29/31/26/24

What's the ratio for this combination? Also, if I put in the 25/35/25/25 gears, does anyone know if it will it be faster?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well i got my dunerunner out side today and got some fuel trew it .it runs great just a couple more questions .
    #1 i have looked for a pipe for it and there are so many witch ones will fit the dunerunner .
    #2 doyou guys know what are the best springs to put in the clutch to get it to take off a little faster .

other than that this buggy is one of my favorite r/c cars i own

thanks guys
    bryan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Baja SS pipe fits with a minor mod to the spoiler mount. Just get the 8K spring and you'll be straight..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast