Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat volcano trans. stripped

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:19 AM
big mamou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat volcano trans. stripped

i'm knew to this nitro truck stuff. i recently purchased a redcat volcano s-30 on ebay and have only run a halfgallon of fuel through it and the daarn transmission took a crap.the spur is fine, its not even warn at all. but the rest of the gears are terribly warn out ,1 of them is half stripped.i don't know if i got a bad trans. or if redcat products are that cheap.i was wondering if theres a better trans. i could put in it or if i have to replace the gears once a month.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
RCToysNh

Default RE: redcat volcano trans. stripped

ORIGINAL: big mamou

i'm knew to this nitro truck stuff. i recently purchased a redcat volcano s-30 on ebay and have only run a halfgallon of fuel through it and the daarn transmission took a crap.the spur is fine, its not even warn at all. but the rest of the gears are terribly warn out ,1 of them is half stripped.i don't know if i got a bad trans. or if redcat products are that cheap.i was wondering if theres a better trans. i could put in it or if i have to replace the gears once a month.

Do not know what the problem is from the description, but steel trans set is available for the S30
Could be something got jammed , stone etc.

http://www.rctoysnh.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=2985

Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 AM
big mamou

i guess im not sure what happened either, if a stone or something got in the trans. maybe i got a bad trans. from the factory. everything rolled freely before i run it. does anybody know if theres warranty on ebay purcased items.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:14 PM
andys60

[sm=regular_smile.gif]If you purchased it from an authorized dealer on ebay you have a manufactures warranty. If they aren't a dealer you won't have a warranty.[sm=disappointed.gif]
Old 12-28-2009, 04:34 PM
big mamou

yeh i purchased it from rcheadquarters.com. i

Old 12-28-2009, 08:01 PM
big mamou

well i just purchased a single speed direct drive tranny from allaboutfunhobbies.com. i hope that resolves my problem.i hope i dont lose low end torque, id rather have that than high end.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Mickstix

Just make sure your gear mesh is good, and loctite your engine screws on the nitro cause they'll come loose and ruin your mesh/gears.. I have the Tornado S30, and love the single speed tranny!! I liked the 2 speed too, but just couldnt get it to shift reliably.. But the single is great and I dont notice any loss of torque or top end.. Good luck!!