Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano S30 VS Vortex SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
VodkaElit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano S30 VS Vortex SS

I am going to buy either a Vortex SS or a Volcano S30. However I can not decide which one I like more, so I am posting here so maybe you can help me decide.

Questions,
Does one Go and or accelerate faster?
Does one break more easily?
Can either do wheelies on a flat surface from a dead stop?
What are the top speeds of both?

Now things I would like to do,
Off road, this means dirt, rocks(minimal)grass, andwater
Jump
Drift
Wheelies
Accelerate fast

Anything else you wish to add about them?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:16 PM
lvh

Default RE: Volcano S30 VS Vortex SS

Both are great trucks both will do dirt rocks ect... The volcano will be a little better for rocks and dirt. The vortex will be better on the track for handling, as it is lower. They both have the same engine,i don't think you will be doing wheelies with either. The vortex also has the 2 speed trans. They are close as top speed goes. Top speed is 40 to 45.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:35 PM
chevyderek72

The vortex would be a little faster, if not faster if would accelerate a little faster. Just because it has to lug the bigger tires around, but the bigger tires mean more ground clearance. Either way like lvh said you will love it, I have both electrics, and have the nitro volcano and i love them. One thing i like about the volcano over the vortex is the ground clearance. But overall i like them both equally.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:12 PM
4goodbuys2

Hi I have a vortex ss I've had it for about a year and I use 80 weight silicon shock oil and it handles and jump's great compared to the stock oil which it really doesn't have shock oil when you buy it so make sure you fill the shock oil about 3/4 of the way , I',m thinking about putting slash tires on mine and building a roll cage for it also, has anyone else modified their's if you have tells us about them.
Thanks
Old 02-26-2010, 09:11 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

They dont have the same engine, the volcano has a SH .18 and the vortex has a Vertex .18. The SH will have better performance. The vortex will accelerate faster due to the smaller wheels and handle better since its lower. The volcano will have a better top speed since it has larger wheels.

Hope nobody calls this brand bashing. (282262)
Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM
jbreeze

I have a Vortex n I bash the hell out of it and it still runs like new and fast