Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Anyone done the motor exchange??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Mickstix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone done the motor exchange??

Hey, has anyone here taken Redcat up on the motor exchange deal??Im beginning to think my .18SH (Tornado s30) had a little too much sand in it's diet, andIm thinkin about doing the exchange, but not sure how much it is or how they do it, how long it took, etc... Thanks for any info!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Anyone done the motor exchange??

Im not perfectly sure since ive never done it, but you need proof of purchase, then i would call redcat and ask to make sure what to do. Or i can ask tommorrow for you if you want.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Mickstix

Sure, if its not a problem, Im interested in the procedure.. (ie: Do ya have to go though the main headquarters or can any authorised redcat dealer do the swap) also, I threw the big red box away a long time ago.. I wonder if my invoice is p.o.p. enough? Do you work at a hobby shop? Thanks for the help!!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
chevyderek72

Ya i think the invoice is good, ill ask in the mornin though and ill let you know either mid day on my phone, or when i get home. No im actually workin at redcat I love it, get to be around redcats all day, and check out all the cars, and bash after work with mark here from the forums haha.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Mickstix

Sweet deal! Hell, I'll give ya my addy, you can just shoot me a new moda on da house! ehehe.. Congrats on the job!! I've always wanted to work at a hobby store.. Workin for a cool rc manufacturer would be even better!! Prolly wouldnt get any work done, but it'd be way cool!!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 AM
chevyderek72

Lol i wish i got free motors haha. But for how cheap they are its almost like its free
Old 01-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Mickstix

Ya find out anything? Also, do you know what is actually replaced in the motor exchange? How far do ya have to break it down? Do they come with the pullstarter or carbeurator or exhaust manifold, motor mount, etc.. (Stuff I should probably just call and ask about, but am too lazy to do at the moment) Thanks bud!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 PM
tom5252

da rules

http://www.redcatracing.com/informat...imeengine.html

im fixin to exchange my lightning engine

tom
lightning, shockwave, tornato xp, xtm
Old 01-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Mickstix

Cool, thanks Tom!! Surprised I hadnt seen that before..  Sounds good though! I've got my engine back together and ready to go, but it's been too cold to run it.. Middle of next week its supposed to get out of the 50's, so I should know soon thereafter if Im gonna need to replace it or not.. Fingers are crossed, but I have a feelin it's pinch is toast.. We'll see.. Good luck on your exchange!!