Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Battery & charger for Volcano EPX?

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Battery & charger for Volcano EPX?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:49 PM
ktmp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery & charger for Volcano EPX?

Sorry if this has been answered but I can't find the answers. First off, I gotta say that this thing is unreal for the price I paid. I've had quite a few professional grade cars years ago but spent hundreds on berrings, motors, ESC's, to get them to where this car is. It's my 6 year old sons car but I still have fun with it! Anyway, looking for a decent battery charger setup for this car. Not sure if you guys are still running the nicd's or nimh's? I know the li-ion's are suposed to be sweet but are pricey and possibly dangerous? I used to like the 7 cell batteries. I've been all over ebay and not sure what charger and batteries make the most sense. Looking for something fairly decent and fairly cheap that won't smoke this car's electronics.

If you have any thoughts on this or can direct me to any good threads on this. Also, any good suppliers would be cool. THANKS

Kyle
Old 02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
ktmp

Default RE: Battery & charger for Volcano EPX?

Anyone? What are you guys running?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Mickstix

I've not messed with electric in 10 years, but there's some gooddeals to be had on 7.2V Ni-Mh packs.. You can find some 3000mAh packs for like20$.. I'd think that would be plenty to bash around with..If you want to race you'll prbablyhave to stepup to Lipo of somekind to keep up, but for having fun, I think the old 7.2v packs arefine! Also,here's the "Volcano" thread.. Should be able to find some good setups in there! Volcano Support Thread Good Luck! (Note:the thread is 60+pages long, so might want to start at the end and work back, to find the most current topics.) Welcome to the forum!!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Wo81

Go to hobbyking.com and look at the 25c Rhino lipos. There's also a dc, 2-3s charger on there for around $10. $20 bucks a battery for around 4000mah. Lipo's are cheaper than nimh's these days. And the performance difference is night and day.