Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

ReCat Delivered Yesterday.... In Repair Today- Not Happy

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

ReCat Delivered Yesterday.... In Repair Today- Not Happy

Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ReCat Delivered Yesterday.... In Repair Today- Not Happy

well the parts redcat sent me just came and holy crap they hooked me up. they sent me tons of stuff.
Great Job redcat.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
CB 1

This post is probably old, But I had an Tornado BB from Red Cat Racing, and it was broken most of the time. I have seen people on youtube and they jump them really high and flip them and crash and everything but didnt really break theirs. I had broke a couple sets of gears, bent my aluminum chasis, lost a couple of dogbones, and my gas tank leaked and acouple other problems. I understand that some of these problems were my fault but some werent. I was very angry with redcat and will never pay for a redcat vehicle agian. they probably are a good company but i dont like my experience. I went to hobbytown usa by myhouse and i also told them about it and they said they have never heard of that brand. I didnt know if it was my cars problom or if it is redcat so i sold it
Old 02-09-2010, 09:28 AM
robriley

"they acted like i was lieing and i drove this car into a wall at 40mph"

ha ha...good luck wth that. these things won't go 40 mph down hill with a tailwind!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:40 PM
CB 1

yea no kidding. i had one that claimed 60mph and i only think it went like 30. haha
Old 02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
GerardAtJob

... the speed shown on the box is scaled... if you see 60mph for a 1/8...
Old 02-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Devils-Reject

ah im sure mine does over 40 i have opened her up and its fast.
easy 40-50mph
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

ah im sure mine does over 40 i have opened her up and its fast.
easy 40-50mph
Devils-Reject

Thats about right yours , when tuned correct , should hit high 40's. We have had one here on radar leaned out running 52 mph , weather was just right. Some sellers and manufacturers also list them in km and not mph.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM
CB 1

I am also younger. But i dont think that it was the best 1st nitro for me. I should have gotten something else. I was thinking about the Jato but i hear thats hard to tune as well.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Devils-Reject

i just picked up a jato 2.5
used but in good shape

cant wait till it comes its supposed to be shipped out tomorrow.
i also have the backdraft 3.5 with the big block,
i have a smaller spur in it as well so my buggy freakin cruzes

Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Devils-Reject

i am thinking of selling the backdraft though it seems soo brittle
i have tons of spare parts for it and extra brand new tires and wheels and its in perfect shape still since it has not been wrecked.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
CB 1

Nice. yeah i was looking at the Jato 3.3.
But i decided that with my experience with redcat, i would get the rustler vxl and buy a used nitro. i love the vxl
Old 02-09-2010, 08:49 PM
CB 1

Oh, I would love to buy it, but money is a little tight for me right now.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM
robriley

I'll tell you what,
I had a volcano s-30 (i know, a different truck all together) with the vx18 in it.
I broke it in the correct way, took very good care of it, and all that. It would only go about 20 mph tops, but it had a lot of torque. I put a direct drive transmission in it, which improved the top speed, but killed the bottom end torque. top speed increased to maybe 25 mph with the direct drive in it. The thing is, when they claim it can run 65 mph, they should state if it is scale mph, or in km....not just say "65".
I have an OLD tamiya blackfoot from the 80's that is 100% stock and original with the exception of a superstock motor and an esc. the blackfoot would run circles around my volcano. I also have an electric duratrax evader, all stock with the exception of a pinion gear change, superstock motor and bigger tires. it too would run circles around my volcano.
I picked up a Megatech top fuel dragster with a .16 megatech motor in it an a 2 speed transmission. They claim 60 mph out of this dragster. I took it to a track, ran it on a scale 1/4 mile (132 feet) and it ran an honest 58.7 mph.
let me tell you. 58 mph with an r/c is VERY fast!
when a company claims that their cars/ trucks can run 65 mph, that # is imprinted in the buyers head. They run the car /truck and think, "man, this thing is fast!" but in reality, the 65 mph # is in their head from the advertizing, and the car / truck may actually only be running 30 mph. but, with a 1:10 scale car / truck, sometimes they look like they are going faster than they really are.
ran my evader and the blackfoot at the dragstrip and it topped out at 32.5 mph, my blackfoot hit 26 mph. so, my volcano was lucky to be going 20 mph on a good day.
yes, i know how to tune nitro motors, i just think that a lot of the time, peopel are mislead by the marketing dept. , and 9 times out of 10 it works.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM
formula87

Thats funny I don't think i've ever seen Redcat put top speed in any of their adds unlike Traxxas, but I may have not seen all of them.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:29 PM
CB 1

Yea and another thing is that i saw it on Ebay, so the seller might have been full of @*%!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Mr_Byte

ORIGINAL: Devils-Reject

this is directed to redcat.

dont having your parts made & assembled in china, it saves a buck in the beginning but causes major headachs later down the road.
Uhhh...where do you think all this stuff is made anymore? Except for some aftermarket parts makers, it's ALL Chinese now.

And I don't think Redcat is putting speeds in their ads, it's these eBay types. They go and snatch the stuff right off the redcat site, and makes it look like they (redcat) are who the buy is dealing with.

I had some issues with my Tornado, none with my Hurricane. I think the 1:8 scale "pro" series is the best they have, excet for the 1:5 scale stuff. The "ultralight" 1:8 and the 1:10 just aren't as good. They get the job done, but carry spares.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:54 PM
McWolf_101

As unfortunate as it is, RC companies have been advertising speeds for some of their products for years, and people have been mislead by many of these claims. Honestly, the only way for you to determine the actual speed of your vehicle is to buy/borrow a radar/speed gun and have someone clock it for you. Honestly though, I have never seen Redcat adverise any speeds for their products, only the Redcat distributors. In any case, advertising is simply a marketing tool, and as with any tool, it can either be effective or ineffective depending on how it is used. Right now, I'm advertising radar guns if you want to determine the true speed of your RC vehicle.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:59 PM
CB 1

Mr. Byte, You have had probloms with your Tornado also? Those buggy's just might have been bad models to begin with.
Also, McWolf101, You said you are selling radar guns. Wheres the link?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM
McWolf_101

I'm sorry to have possibly mislead you, but I myself am not SELLING radar guns but merely ADVERTISING them. You can check eBay.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
CB 1

Oh haha, My fault. Sorry is there anything special i should look for in a radar gun?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM
McWolf_101

No, nothing special. Buy one, and have a friend/family member track the path of your vehicle and see what top speed you get. If anything, check the description of the product in relation to the degree of accuracy.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Mickstix

I cant tell if you guys are being sarcastic or not (about the buying/selling of radar guns) but if it's not a joke, any idea what you can get a "decent" radar gun for these days? Sounds really expensive, but with the internet and online sales who knows.. Just wondering appxhow much they are! Thanks!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 PM
McWolf_101

I'm being quite serious about the radar gun mick. You can watch many a 'RC Speed Test' video on YouTube. To answer your question, radar gun prices on eBay range from approximately US$50 to US$500 as far as I've seen. Just have a look, and choose which one you think is best for your price range.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Mickstix

Ok cool! thanks for the info! I've seen the video's but just figured they had law enforcement members in the family or something.. hehe.. $50 dont sound too bad.. Wonder how accurate a $50 radar gun would be?                     
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
TCA999
My Feedback: (32)

I know this is an old thread but, I have a Volcano EPX Pro and it moves faster than 40mph out of the box...I've snapped hub carriers, front bumper and the drive pin. I'm ordering a bunch of aluminum parts this weekend. Woo hoo...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.