Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

braking problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 AM
torrancej99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default braking problems

I have a redcat eathquake 3.5. It takes a while for it to come to a complete stop when i apply the brakes and sometimes it will not stop unless i apply the brakes while making a sharp turn..Any suggestions?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:01 AM
rjsdad

Default RE: braking problems

My suggestion is that the brake pad is worn out or you need brake adjustment.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
labec

rjsdad said it. I had the same problem on my Volcano S30. Seemed like it would take FOREVER to stop. So i just tightened the little screw on the end of the throttle linkage. I also double checked the 2 screws that hold the pads together. I havent had a problem since!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Mickstix

If adjusting the plastic "finger" tightener, on the end of the linkage, doesnt tighten them up, tighten the 2 screws on the "shoes", that pinch the disk.. I set mine to where the disk was dragging slightly, then backed the screws off a 1/4-1/2 turn.. That should fix ya up! If ya want to take it apart you can also try cleaning/wiping the brake pad with some mineral spirits or something, if it's got some grease or grime on it?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:46 PM
burnt orange

I just got my volcano and it is not stopping very well either. i have read these posts but do not know exactly what I need to do. Is there anyway I can get a Picture of link.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 PM
lvh

Their is a coating on the brake disc (new) give it a little more run time try to get the brake disc a little warm from stopping. If that don't work go to Redcat's website, their is how to videos in great detail so you can fix it Goodluck and have fun!!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Mickstix

Oh yea, Ali has a video on adjusting the brakes.. Pretty self explanitory, but just know when he says "on idle",(he uses that phrase a few times during the video) he means when the radio and car are both turned on, but with no input on the throttle/brake trigger.. (basially turn them on and dont touch the trigger.. That'll be your "on idle" setting)  Here's the vid: Adjusting brakes on Redcat 1/10 Nitro
Note: if you have an 1/8 scale model, they also use the metal "pads", but I dont think they have a "finger" tightener adjustment, like the 1/10..