Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Earthquake 3.5 runaway crash during break in

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Earthquake 3.5 runaway crash during break in

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 03:52 AM
lez1troubles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Earthquake 3.5 runaway crash during break in

Hi Boge97, Ive had runaways with top of the line race buggies befor such as the Kyosho MP777 and an older MP7.5.
To stop this from happening again just stick a fail safe in your buggy and get a good rechargable battery pack or two.
Runaways are funny when they happen to someone else.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:33 AM
delorean123

To each their own......God.....doesn't take you RC guys much to get fired up eh....My RedCat Was $219.00...(US Dollars)..Plus shipping to Ontario Canada,,So eat it pal..!!..That works out to over $300.00..Not all of us have access to US parts either..!!..Which makes RedCat pretty hard to come by here in Ontario..So Far..I'm sure in the future Redcat will make it's way here...but until then..It's hard to get parts for...As for the videos..I wonder how many they had to make before they could show you just how durable Redcat really is..??....
I have spoke to Alishamano in the past regarding my truck,,,Great guy,,,Very knowledgable,,..Not bashing him at all....
Run what ya brung..or buck up cowboy..!!
Show me a RedCat that can outperform my trucks.....I dare ya..!!
Send the videos......Send the pics....I'll be the judge..!!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
rjsdad

delorean123,

You are missing the point. No one has said that Redcat is as good or better than the major brands. The amount that you pay for a Redcat is not bad especially if you are testing the waters to see if this is something you would like to get into. To bash and say it is junk is unfair.

I would never say that a VW Bug has better handling or can out perform a Posche, but I would say that if I am looking for a vehicle to get me around town and I have limited funds available...a VW Bug would be better than the Porshe. Redcat has found a nitch in the market. Listen, you purchased the Redcat and expect it to handle like your name brand trucks, and complain that Redcat is junk when you paid...what half of what a major brand would cost?

If you want to compare Redcat...compare it to Exceed and others of equal value.

The video was to demonstrate that it is not as cheap as you and others claim Redcat to be. Your way off, but I do enjoy your posts.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

my redcat does the same thing with weak batteries. that was the problem, if it gets twitchy its the batteries
Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Mickstix

Delorian, you seemto have problems with contradiction?? You started off calling Redcat "Junk" and were "just delivering the Facts", then later you claim your not bashing them, there a decent car for the money..Now you question how many takes it took on the crash vids, but thenyour not bashing Ali at all?? OF COURSE YOU ARE!!! lol.. Your basically sayin the guy is a liar for posting videos YOU assume took numberous takes to get? And calling something JUNK is bashing it, believe it or not!! It really sounds like ya want to bash the product but dont want to stir anyone up whiledoin it?? I've alrady showed you a video of them jumping 5 cars off a cliff uncut, (I'll take Mr. Shanmao's word that they were all 1st take, uncut videos)so now lets see YOUR trucks do it!! Dont worry, once wesee it, we'll take your word that it only took one take as well! (And to quote the master) I DARE YA!!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:54 AM
delorean123

Lol....I see you have chatted it up with others regarding some very disappointed customers..and others who ask the question.."How many takes did it take"...Makes ya wonder eh pal..??...
Contradiiction you say...I'd just not rather ruffle any feathers that's all..I said from day 1..My personal opinion that's all...If you love Redcat..Hats off to ya....I'll guarantee that I'll never purchase another one..that's for damn sure....I hope Redcat makes a million dollars this month alone in sales...As long as they can keep shipping out replacement parts at no charge to their customers..,,(Kinda foolish..if your in the business to make money)..All in all...I'm not here to argue or fight with anyone..I was trying to help a newbie,,(Like me)..by stating that in the future...Spend a little more $$$  .and ya get what ya pay for..
Videos' you ask for....No worries there bud..As it is -24 degrees out today..it would be kinda foolish to make one..but..I'll assure you that when the bitter cold of the Canadian winter subsides..I'll provide all the readers here with a classic Canadian Monster truck video..!!!......
Now..in closing...Can't we all just get along....eh.!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:17 AM
rjsdad

delorean123,

In your 1-27-10 post you said that Redcat's are not bad for the price and that it is good buggy for the beginner. That is what I have been saying all along. Many like myself wanted to get into notro rc's but could not see spending 600-800 dollars.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:27 AM
delorean123

Right now ..here in Ontario canada the Traxxas jato 3.3 is on sale for $419.00....Which leads me to believe that it's way cheaper out there in the U.S....That would be my recomendation to all of you doubters..try it..Then let me know what ya think...
Old 01-29-2010, 11:44 AM
rjsdad

delorean123,

I just looked it up you can purchase one for $389.00 dollars...which is 30 dollars cheaper than your sale price. You have obviously not read your own post or others. No one is saying that Redcat is just as good as your Traxxas jato 3.3. The only one that is trying to debate that point is you.

Again for the price...Redcat is not bad
For a beginner.........Redcat is not bad

Once you understand the point I have been trying to convey to you, then you will see that Redcat is not a bad product. You are wanting to compare apples to oranges!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
dudecat

Redcat is like a duratrax. Both cheaper and parts are cheaper. But this doesn't make them junk. Redcat has the groundpounder which looks really kewl and i might get one someday. I have had issues with traxxass with my pedes. I stripped the spur gear on one in my driveway. So no manufacture is going to make a truck in this price range unbreakable. I won my losi aftershock and ran it 4 times and blew out the clutch bearings and stripped my spur gears. **** happens with rc world. Tamiya so far i have had no problems with yet.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:19 PM
rjsdad

dudecat,

Wow the big boys BREAK AS WELL? LOL. Can I start to post that Traxxas are expensive crap? LOL.

Your absolutely correct all rc will break. Good point.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:54 PM
delorean123

My sincere appology to all of the Redcat owners...I retract all my previous posts.....Redcat is the #1 manufacturer of quality RC vehicles in the world.......Bar none...!!

Is that what ya all want to hear..??..Or is the sarcasm coming on a little to thick for ya..??

You win....I lose.....I'll stop posting in this forumn now..You have all outted me and made me feel terrible....
I won't bother any of you Redcat owners anymore..or try and help a newbie again....

Guess that's what this whole RC Universe is for.....Bashing people...Well....I guess it's not for me then

Regards to all in this thread......I'll take my junk RC trucks and try and find somewhere else that I'm welcome..

Cheers
Old 01-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Devils-Reject

there is allot of bashing going on  - on this forum.
when i first came here i thought it was a great forum due to the fact that there was not a whole lot of bashing going on like on other forums.

now i see there is allot.
some people need to just stop trying to force their opinions onto others.
thats the main problem with the world today.

just remember every one has their own and have a right to do so.
some people are redcat fans that never had a single problem.
other people have had nothing but problems with them.

same with traxxas and hpi and all the others.

everyone is entitled to speak their mind without being bashed by others....
me.... i had problems with my redcat backdraft
they are helping me to resolve the problems.... in my  mind thats GREAT
 other companys would tell me to go pound salt. and insist that i crashed my new car at high speed.

redcat is here acknowledging that a few cars have a few flaws, no big deal it happens to all companys...
hell look at toyota now
at least they are making a good effort to correct the problem and not hide and ignore the problem as some other companys would do.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:38 PM
rjsdad

I hope that my posts were construed as bashing, but rather clearing the misconception..redcat's are good for the price. And comparison should be apples to apples.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:47 PM
dudecat

Trust me rjsdad there is alot of bashing around here. I come for help and try to help others. I also try to straighten out facts from the bull****t. Delorean you have the right to complain about redcat just aswell i have the right to complain about chevy cars. Just remember just ignore the bashers and look for the helpers in here. There are alot of them in here. I can't say anything bad againest redcat never owned one but from the support they have they seem very concerned about there rc owners issues and looking to fix them at there cost. Not many big name companies will do such a thing. No need for anyone to leave. This forum has alot of good info for anyone with most any vehicle.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Mickstix

I kinda like bashing every now and then!  
Old 02-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Raybeez

Just came across this post and going back to Boge97's original problem, I have just recently purchased the Redcat Earthquake 3.0 and I was on my 5th tank during break-in and had the same problem happen, the throttle opened up all the way and it was hauling straight at the side of my house, I got lucky as it got caught on a fallen tree branch and flipped over. I did not know what caused it at first, checked everything and finally I decided to try some new batteries and it was corrected immediately. From what you posted this sounds like weak batteries but I will tell you this, I was running Energizer rechargables and had just charged them the day before and only ran 4 break-in tanks out of it before my runaway, so if you decide to purchase some rechargeables (and I do recommend it) keep in mind that it takes several charges before they reach their maximum charge. Anyway, glad I came across this post and good luck with your Earthquake, I'm diggin mine!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Wo81

I'm gonna buy an Aftershock 8e, a good charger and 2 more bigger batteries for under $400. I can't pass up that kind of deal. If the knuckles and the steering links are that bad, I'll find some name brand knuckles and make 'em work. Steering links are easy to find at any hobby shop online. Drop 3-4 teeth on the pinion, slap on some slightly bigger tires and let 'er rip is the plan. After a complete inspection obviously. P.S. Anybody with a nitro vehicle needs a failsafe and a 5 cell nimh rx pack. You can get a charger and a pack for under $30. Charge it as soon as you notice it fading. Those packs charge in about an hour. You'll love the performance upgrade, even over rechargeable aa's.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 AM
boge97

I finally got all of the parts replaced and the truck is up and running again with a failsafe attached. Everything seems to be running good. I definately likes to drain the receiver batteries. Thanks to all of the people who posted suggestions through this forum and PM's. FYI Redcat did offer to send me parts to fix the truck. Unfortunately it took them two weeks to respond and Ihad already spent 100 bucks on parts. Lets see what Ican break this weekend.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Mickstix

Glad ya get her fixed up and running again!! Hope it holds up for ya this time!! If you havent already, youshould look into getting the 6V "Hump" batterypack they have, for the reciever..It's got more voltage to run the servos, and obviously, it's rechargeable.. (And it'll fit in the same footprint of the stock "4 AA"battery holder thatthey come with.)
Note: If ya get one from somewhere other than Redcat, make sure to get one that's built with 2/3A size cells, (Or better, make sure what ya get will fitinthe space you have available for an rx battery pack)cause if ya get a hump pack with, for instance, Sub C cells, it'll be bigger than the one Redcat sells.. I noticed this when looking online for some..Alot of the hump rx packs are not made with the 2/3A size cells..
Old 02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Devils-Reject

ORIGINAL: boge97

I finally got all of the parts replaced and the truck is up and running again with a failsafe attached. Everything seems to be running good. I definately likes to drain the receiver batteries. Thanks to all of the people who posted suggestions through this forum and PM's. FYI Redcat did offer to send me parts to fix the truck. Unfortunately it took them two weeks to respond and Ihad already spent 100 bucks on parts. Lets see what Ican break this weekend.
take the parts anyhow because more stuff will break and its better to have them on hand.
then to be broke down agiain
and i know its "redneck"
but super glue will temp fix some parts that break so at least you can run while you wait for new parts.
i super glued a steering linkage and turn buckle
the linkage is holding up great but the turn buckle broke after i glued it so i reglued and swpped it for one in a less stressfull place
Old 04-21-2010, 04:29 AM
Nitro Killer Dave

Does anybody know what Redcat 1/8 monster truck is the same as the Exceed Titan? Someone on RC Universe said their was one! I'm try to find upgrade parts for mine! I'm also thinking of getting a Redcat Vortex ($148.99 new) Is it a good electric truck? And everyone should know that companys make parts to break. That way they can stay in business. If nothing broke then they would'nt stay in buisness. I know my exceed titan was cheap, but it's all I could afford at the time. Thanks