Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Sumo's

So does anybody have one of these little guys yet? I know that they are pretty much indoor RC's but i was just wondering about some more of the specs on it, also some features. Is there a actual Tx/Rx? From the pictures you cant see any reciver so im just wondering. whatn kind of speeds are they getting? when are the option aluminum going to be avalible? Are there any better motor upgrades avalible? so just whatever yall know post up. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Sumo's

Im interested in the Sumo as well!! I think there was a thread about them a couple weeks back.. Some asked about parts and reverse (If it's the same model) and was told they would have upgrades and they did have reverse.. I want to get one for around the house, to play (torment) the lazy house cat with..
    Mick Nesevitch

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tylerjackson

So does anybody have one of these little guys yet? I know that they are pretty much indoor RC's but i was just wondering about some more of the specs on it, also some features. Is there a actual Tx/Rx? From the pictures you cant see any reciver so im just wondering. whatn kind of speeds are they getting? when are the option aluminum going to be avalible? Are there any better motor upgrades avalible? so just whatever yall know post up. Thanks.
    Yes they use RX/TX am crystals.
    Stock 131's, 180's available for motors.
    Stock parts available, aluminum will be available soon.
    Always Best prices and Cheap S/H at RCToysNH, NHwoods, ToystoreNH, VP Ent. Inc.
    RedCat Traxxas DuraTrax AE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I have one. They are lots of fun but not real fast but you can upgrade the motor real cheap. They are great for a backyard "mini track"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya they are fun, especially in the house, make little jumps and stuff.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tylerjackson

The Sumo is a direct copy of the Radline. Almost all parts interchange. Sumo hits 10-12 mph. I received my Sumo a few days ago. The modified Radline hits around 25 mph depending on gearing. They are fun little rcs.

Side by side comparison to my modified Radline with hobby grade electronics.

Radline with 280 performance motor, aluminum shocks, HS-55 servo, VR3 esc, airtronics receiver and 7.4 lipo.

Size comparison: 1/24 Sumo/Radline vs 1/8 scale.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now i really want to see that 1/8th vehicle running, its a custom right? It looks pretty sweet!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya what 1/8th is that, looks like a jato or something, but its running on dual motor and esc.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

you might wanna check my videos on RedCat Sumo RC on youtube. they are total fun when racing indoors. Check my indoor racing videos of sumorc at www.youtube.com/alishanmao

Cheers

Ali
    Ali Mansoor
    COM n Tech
    RedCat Racing USA