Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

better alternative ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 AM
freekshow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better alternative ?????

Hi and thanks for your patience....

Is their a better alternative than my stock battery and charger for my rampage xb ??? How do you tell if the battery for the receiver is fully charged? The red light on the charger is always on red even after charging the batteries ( looks like 5 C cells ) for 12 hours.... is their a better battery or charger that I can get so that I will KNOW when its fully charged ? What kind of battery life can I expect out of the 8 AA batteries in the radio and what kind of life out of the receiver battery... hours or just minutes

Thanks again
Old 08-29-2014, 08:17 PM
zackS30

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a thunder charger ac680. I have it and its awesome it beeps when its done.
Also getting lipo batteries will increase run time and performance. Your looking for something in the 25c 5000mah range. 2s lipos unless it can handle more I'm not sure about the rampage.
The ac680 is about 55$ and a good lipo battery is 40-60$ depending on brand and quality of cells. Something like venom is really good but expensive